Main Menu

Windows

Started by kevin, January 22, 2004, 08:44:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin

What is it about window and long term stability ?.   It doesn't seem to matter what flavor I run (98sp,Me,XPpro), what hardware, but there come and inevitable moment, where it's time to format and re-install.  Erm that's real useful.  I've lost count of the number of windows re-installed I've done over the past 3 years, but when compare that installing Amiga Dos the sum total of twice in 8 years.  It really makes you wonder what we've gained.   Well, what we've lost.

empty

QuoteIt really makes you wonder what we've gained
several hundred megabytes of bloated junk. :)

I (have to) re-install every 6 months or so. Including installing all drivers, apps and other stuff on 2 computers that takes nearly a whole day.

kevin

And  It seems no matter how many 'install discs' you make you've always missed 20 little hidden away toys...  :blink:

empty

"Sounds like you're in the process of re-installing."

- Sherlock Holmes, PI

kevin

tossing it up,  between punching the pc.   I've got a 80gig hD sitting on the bench from Xmas, but installing it means either tossing a CD drive, or tossig ther existing 40gig.  I can prolly live without a 3rd cd rom (it reads some discs the others don't though), and both installs are running, well awful.  It's tempting to re-install on a new drive and use this one as storage...... but time is factor.....   me and PB are not seeing eye to eye today.. well this week really :)

empty

:)

I plan to install a new HDD too this week end... or sometime next week.