Building a 3D Ray Tracer  By stevmjon

Main Menu

Matrix Reloaded

Started by kevin, May 20, 2003, 03:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin

Anybody seen this yet ?.. Looks really flash

BinaryMoon

I'm going to a preview screening tommorrow (Wednesday) ... It's not out until Friday in the uk

It does look cool. I'll give a full report on Thursday... assuming anyones interested :)
Ben aka Mop

BinaryMoon
BinarySun

kevin

Friday really ?..  

Been seeing the trailer all day and it openned here over the weekend.  I actually didn't like the first one much until I saw it again a few weeks ago.  So it's tempting ..

DannyGregory

'Going to watch it this weekend. I've read some pretty mixed reviews from Matrix fanatics, hopefully I won't find it dissapointing :)

BinaryMoon

It was quite cool. I was a bit dissapointed by some of the dialogue. There was quite a bit of talking explaining lots of stuff with big words (take a dcitionary with you), and if you don't concentrate then there are a few bits you may have trouble understanding.

However the reason we all go to see the film... The action sequences... they were chuffing amazing. The bit on the motorway is brilliant and the 100 agents fight is just... wow :) That has some of the funniest moments from the film as well.

Don't know about other countries but if you sit through the credits (they go on for ages) there is a matrix revolutions teaser trailer tacked on the end.

BTW I'm going to see it agin next week so...
Ben aka Mop

BinaryMoon
BinarySun

kohai

I saw it and ....

I LOVE IT

This movie is brilliant. Dialog, Story/Plot, Images ...
The freeway scene is astonishing ...

Sorry guys, must reboot my matrix, the Architect tells me to do so ...
Wel, it's all about the Choice, in the end ! :)

dannywartnaby

Went to see it this morining... VERY COOL.

IMO It didn't follow on very well from the first film, however the fight scenes were exceptional. The story seemed rushed alittle, and I never felt as though I 'knew' the new people, too many new faces (And they didn't seem to play very big roles...). IMO the 'Twins' should have played bigger parts (A Neo vs the Twins fight would have been very cool). The 'Hundred Smiths' seems a little far fetched, but it did provide some very funny moments ("me, me, me... and me!"). Shame there was no Tank - There were references indicating that Tank had died, it would have been nice to know what had happened to him. The soundtrack is exceptional (And if you liked the Rob Dougan Stuff in it, i'd recommend his album, its superb (Called Furious Angels)).

Its a film that has to be seen again, i'm sure i've missed things.

xtom

Great film. I wasn't expecting there to be so much dialogue and story telling but I was still impressed. Agent fight is probably my fav moment. And the face on one of the agents after the fight is gas. :) Definately one that needs to be seen more than once.

kohai

Too true Xtom ! :)

That's why i saw it 3 times already ... :)

Now, patiently waiting for the 'Revolution' ...  :D

kevin

3 times already .. and  I *still* haven't seen it..

dannywartnaby

Kev, what are you playing at?. GO AND SEE IT :).

kevin

dannywartnaby

Have you seen it yet Kev... ;).

kevin

Nah, was thinking about catching it on friday, but i've got to get some xrays done..

I'm really am a bit slow on movies though.  I only just watched "lord of the rings" and the "two towers"  this week..