News:

PlayBASIC2DLL V0.99 Revision I Commercial Edition released! - Convert PlayBASIC programs to super fast Machine Code. 

Main Menu

IDE request

Started by Jeku, January 22, 2005, 12:14:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeku

Hey guys,

I am very happy with the speed results of the demo so I went out and purchased the full retail :)

Anyways, I was wondering if I could make an IDE request?  If this isn't the place then please excuse me.

Most IDEs nowadays (VS.NET as an example) have bracket highlighting so you can match open-closing parenthesese.  This makes long expressions easier to create.

Thanks for a great product!

EDIT:

Also it would be nice to be able to highlight a large code block, hit TAB, and have it indent.  ALT-TAB should unindent.  Right now the block will be cleared if tabbed.
Automaton Games - Home of WordTrix 2.0, WordZap, and GameBasic
Jeku's Music - Easy listening electronic...

empty

QuoteMost IDEs nowadays (VS.NET as an example) have bracket highlighting so you can match open-closing parenthesese. This makes long expressions easier to create.
Yep, that's a good idea. Although currently I have no idea how to implement it. ;)

QuoteAlso it would be nice to be able to highlight a large code block, hit TAB, and have it indent. ALT-TAB should unindent. Right now the block will be cleared if tabbed.
You can do that already. Instead of TAB/Alt+TAB use CTRL+I/CTRL+U. You can specify the amount of spaces for block indents in Extra -> Preferences -> Editor.
For a complete list of Keyboard shortcuts take look at:
Help -> IDE Help -> "The code editor"