News:

Building a 3D Ray Tracer  By stevmjon

Main Menu

Who wants an Optimus?

Started by Digital Awakening, January 09, 2006, 02:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Digital Awakening

I read that it's gonna be released now in February. I so want one of these because not only does it looks good but it's fully programmable. "It will cost less than a good mobile phone." Doesn't sound like it suits my budget at the moment :(

Link
Wisit my site at: DigitalAwakening.net

kevin

At first glance I had NO idea what that was... still don't :)

Digital Awakening

Each key of the keyboard is a tiny OLED display, this allows you to add any image/text to any key on the board. Not only that but the keyboard is open source and an SDK ships with it so that you can fully program the keyboard to do whatever you want. I don't know if it can detect the program you are using but hopefully.

This means that when you are in the PB IDE you could have sets of common commands on for example the F keys that you can change between to speed up your work while when you are in Photoshop the keys turns from letter so the icons representing the tools so you don't have to remember the key for every one just look at the keyboard. Or when you play a game the active buttons have a different color and symbols for what they do. It even supports animations.

Digital Awakening

Speculated price is 200-300 USD but no one know at the moment. Maybe I could afford one if I win the compo :) Or maybe the money is better spent elsewhere :D

kevin

it's a cool idea, but a bit pricey for me.