Main Menu

Name of the game

Started by Digital Awakening, February 03, 2006, 12:39:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Digital Awakening

I remember playing this puzzle game on my A500 where you controll a ball with the mouse (colored red and blue IIRC) and you collected colored keys to unlock gates and there was various items that where used in specific places. IIRC you could for example get umbrellas (sp?) to get up in case you fell into a hole. I remember there where floor tiles that had cracks that you could roll ower 1 or 2 times depending on their state. There where probably also arrows that would put force on the ball in the direction they where pointing.

Does anybody know the name of that game?
Wisit my site at: DigitalAwakening.net

kevin

thaaks

Sounds like Oxyd, a game that was initially coded on an Atari ST.
There is a great freeware remake named Enigma.
http://www.nongnu.org/enigma/

Have a look at the screenshots - maybe that's the game.

Cheers,
Tommy

Ian Price

Could it be FuzzBall? See HERE

Or Brainball? See HERE
I came. I saw. I played some Nintendo.

kevin

Yeah there was an Amiga version
http://eager.back2roots.org/DATA/S/SPIDW.HTML

Marble Madness is another one that comes to mind.

Ian Price

Neither SpinDizzy or Marble Madness required you to collect keys (I do actually own SpinDizzy Worlds on SNES, but haven't actually played it - I got loads of SNES games in a job lot off eBay over a year ago and haven't got round to them yet!).

There was another Amiga ball game that I vaguely remember, Spherical. I don't think it's that though. There is also a game called Spherical Worlds, which is set in a spaceship style/maze . It might be that.  :blink:

[EDIT] BRAINWAVE!!! I know that game. I had it when I first got my Amiga - could it be Rock 'n Roll? See HERE

Digital Awakening

Kevin:
Spin Dizzy is a great game but it's not a ball you know :) It's not Marble Madness, that's a ball racing game.

Thaaks:
I played Oxyd on Macintosh a long time ago, or at least it seems to be the same game. But it's not the one I'm looking for, doesn't have the red/blue colored ball I mentioned.

Ian:
Fuzzball is a platform game, I had a demo of it on Amiga. Never seen Brainball before. Spherical doesn't sound like it but I can't find a single shot of it online.

Digital Awakening

YAY! Rock n' Roll, that's the game :) Thanks!

Ian Price

Thinking of doing a PB version?   ;)

Digital Awakening

Nah, I'm thinking about playing it :)