Other Languages

Started by Big C., February 26, 2006, 08:20:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big C.

QuoteI think a proper german translation would be:
"Die logische Operation Not funktioniert nur mit Integer- oder Fließpunktwerten".

I will have a look at the german translations as soon as possible and post my update in this thread again.

Great that you started that, Big C.! I hope it will help some german users.

Cheers,
Tommy

Thx for your help... I'm waiting for your updates  :)

kevin

any more progress on this ?

Big C.

Oh yes... My personal objective is it, to translate the whole help in a German manner... .

At the moment I set off myself thoughts about that as I can combine correlated commands onto one HTML-page. For example If Then Else... In order to avoid repetitions (code-examples, description and so on), it does not make any sense it from my view to document/to translate every part separately.

Before I would like to construct myself a tool in PHP in order to facilitate the work for me a little. Changing the original auxiliary pages destroyed me the layout already frequently.

That will presumably still last  :( ... property still not found any help.

thaaks

Quoteany more progress on this ?
Oops - was busy the last few days. I will post the updated errors.txt tonight.
It's mainly just minor issues - Big C. already did a great job!

Edited: Here is the german errors.txt:[attachmentid=576]

Big C., you should do a diff of our two versions - it's mainly minor corrections or phrase unifications. If you don't have a diff tool here is a link to a nice and free one:
ExamDiff

I did not translate the one pointer error message with the word "antithetic" in it. Although I found the german translation of the word ("gegensätzlich") I am not sure what the original error message wants to tell us  :D

Big C., that was an impressive work! I mean, I only did the double check and that already took a while. Hats off!

Tommy

thaaks

Plonk!

Seems like edited messages don't get an updated timestamp. So I just posted again to assure that Big C. reads my message above and can download my modified version.

Maybe I just reply next time  :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Tommy

Big C.

Morning,

tommy, you have done a very good job too...

many thx to you for your great help...

Here is the final Version of Step 1  :)

[/EDIT] File is updated to Version 0.65

Big C.

P.S. the tool ExamDiff was very helpful... thx for your hint

kevin

Sorry to break up your translation party :), but i've updated the Runtime errors. And will probably do so again to ensure that each command set has specific runtime errors.

The main difference is that in that run time can now return the MediaIndex and in some cases the legal quantity.   Giving you clearer idea of why an error occurred.

While  haven't finished the Update as yet,  here's the current state of the English errors

Big C.

ok...

translation of the current state is ready

here it is... get it...

DELETE

Big C.

[/Edit] New Version out..

kevin

And here is the Latest version of the english errors.  Again the only changes have been to the RunTime errors.

Big C.

okidoki,

and here comes the german translation of version 0.66   :)

DELETE - New Version is out

When are the new error messages supported?

kevin

PB v1.28 uses the new runtime errors

It's also even more strict than pervious versions..

kevin

PB1.28 retail patch also includes V0.67 of the english errors.   Sorry i forgot it'd updated it again

Big C.

no prob, I have see it and have my work done...

here it is...

[attachmentid=586]

Big C.

kevin