News:

PlayBASIC2DLL V0.99 Revision I Commercial Edition released! - Convert PlayBASIC programs to super fast Machine Code. 

Main Menu

MP3 using Dtab

Started by Danniel, November 16, 2006, 12:43:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danniel

Hello everybody!

I am very excited to join this forum.
It has been great to experiment with Dtab. Great piece of software.
My girlfriend just paid for my registration last night, so she has fullfiled her life mission.

I just wanted to share a couple of things here:

- first I will try to post an MP3 that I created a couple minutes ago using Dtab. And during this process I noticed that it doesn't play consistently.

Which takes me to my next point....

-Dtab is not a "beat machine" and has some troubles playing every bar at the same tempo. Very minimal, but when I transfered to a third party software and try to sync the different sounds I noticed that some sounds were delayed. Again, it could be a problem with my hardware, but I never had this problem before.

So listen the MP3 and give me your opinion.

Talk to you soon,

Daniel

Danniel

The same beat without breaking it down by individual sound.
It sounds even now but it played all together and this means I can not manipulate every sound because it is all mixed.

Here it is....

Danniel

And a third and last MP3 of the night.

A different groove I play on acustic drums and I tabed on Dtab.
Fun program to use!

Here is the last groove...

kevin

Quote-Dtab is not a "beat machine" and has some troubles playing every bar at the same tempo. Very minimal, but when I transfered to a third party software and try to sync the different sounds I noticed that some sounds were delayed. Again, it could be a problem with my hardware, but I never had this problem before.

This is known issue.  A small percentage of users do have trouble of with lag.  While there's no one smoking gun that I can pin point.   In many cases it's some other application hogging the hi resolution timer.  Which is what Dtab uses for playback.  Sadly the timer can be used by anything from virus checkers to other memory resident task like seti for example.

The examples are pretty good.  It's great that your willing to share information with other players, but please post ".dtb" files so  users who can not transcribe 'by ear' can have a go at learning them.