Main Menu

WIP: Tommy's Tomb

Started by thaaks, June 03, 2008, 08:29:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlinkOk

haha. i was talkin bout the xml. lol :)

thaaks

Just a quick update:
I got the player movement working last night. So my player can walk left and right and jump. Collisions with platforms are working so he can even fall down.
Best of all: the routines should be usable by the enemies without any changes.
Very pleasing and motivating for me  ;)

Cheers,
Tommy

Green7

thaaks

Some more progress.
Now I can load the animations created with my PBAnimMapper. Improved my UFF file format to store all animations in one data file and load them on startup.
All pretty pleasing.

Monsters are next (tomorrow night I hope).

Screenshot attached.

Still so much to do  ::)

thaaks

And some more progress:
Enemies can be defined in the map, they are loaded, animated and updated.

Started with sponsor screen.

Next will be title screen with main menu and collisions between player and enemies.

Menu sounds are created, ingame sounds are also coming soon.

I'm still missing some music.

Must hurry...

slayer93

Looking cool ;D.

QuoteI'm still missing some music.

I dude on the TGC forums has some great music and if you email him with some shots of your game I'm sure he will let you use some of his music. I actually did email him today and I'm able to use his music in my entry. A link to one of his threads - (login required) and this is his soundclick page where he has all his music at - http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=396117.

Good Luck :)

thaaks

Thanks for the nice hint, slayer93. Will listen to the sounds tonight. Maybe I'll find something that fits the mood of the game.

Good luck to all of us - I get the curious feeling that Calypson is joining the competition fun. He won the 2006 competition and made second place last year...
This guy is pretty quiet on the forums but the last few days he started to post  ;)

Calypson, what about a WIP thread to depress us?  ;D

Still a week left! Go go gadget coder brain!

Green7

Quote...I get the curious feeling that Calypson is joining the competition fun...
got the same feeling here... ok, i moaned about lack of competitors, so i think i deserve it. ;)

kevin

ermm.. did I mention that i'm also entering ?  :)

Green7

Quoteermm.. did I mention that i'm also entering ?
what the...? ;) serious? is that allowed?

kevin

Quotewhat the...? Wink serious? is that allowed?

erm... nope.   Was just going to use the compo to knock up  a new game demo though, but time has got away from me

slayer93

QuoteThanks for the nice hint, slayer93. Will listen to the sounds tonight. Maybe I'll find something that fits the mood of the game.

Glad I could help. :)

Would also be interesting if you entered Kevin :D

kevin

Wouldn't want to embarrass anybody :)..  I did mean to knock together a tech demo, but 1.64 took way too long and VM2 is firmly in the way.

thaaks

Again some update:
Collisions between player and enemies and player and "bombs" are in. Even added some of the collision results to the game behavior.
Bombs like enemies can also be defined in the level file (all represented in UFF file format).
So you can create your levels with any text editor!

That's it for tonight. Time to get some sleep. Off to a bar with some big boss and some mates from my company tomorrow night - let's see if I can do some drunk coding afterwards  :P

Cheers,
Tommy

thaaks

Pixel perfect collision is working with 1.64b Beta. Let's see if I can get an executable later on.
Basic HUD is started. Added scoring, timing mechanism, health bar and some more game logic (decrease health on collisions, increment score for collecting items and so on).

Right now I see some screen garble when the next level is loaded - must be related to my deleting images and sprites before the next level is loaded...

I also chose a game music - just need to get the approval from the composer. Should work.

Must go to bed now.

Later,
Tommy