Micky4fun's compo 2009 game blog , now finished..

Started by micky4fun, November 10, 2009, 10:16:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

micky4fun

Hi all

well im aving a bash at the compo even though i anit really got a lot of spare time at the mo , but got just over a month to come up with something , hope lots of other forum members get into this compo , could be a few good games to look forward to

well heres my first screenie of Higher Higher my pants are on Fire , type of old school game , rescue the people from the burning building
just thought ile add a uptodate pic , very early days at the moment , but also wanted to add that this will also be done in the style of the old button bashing games , like what track n field used , well level shown will for starters not to sure about other sceens yet , so you will need an old keyboard maybe

back soon ;D

Adaz

Tried with cursor keys, but doesn't work!

Just kidding  ;) Looks good, waiting for the playable version.

Ádáz

Hungary

micky4fun

Hi Adaz

had me going for a sec , lol , well ile keep this to once a week update as wont get much done in a day ,
ive got building as near as i want it , im awaiting the windows now , double glazing firm promised me friday

to move the ladder up to resue tenents you have to use 2 keyboard keys as in the style of track n field , ie one x,c,x,c,x,c,x,c and so on
once you get to tenent press space to decend ladder quickly , one now rescued , then onto others needing rescuing , you will only be allowed to move fire engine if ladder is fully down

other stages to be thought of yet !

mick ;D

kevin

going to have to big you a HUGE handicap the way you're going :)

Adaz

What did you draw the men and other graphics with?

Ádáz

Hungary

micky4fun

Hi all

well its friday and windows did get fitted today , lol
QuoteWhat did you draw the men and other graphics with?
well used net.paint for most of the gfx's so far apart from shop windows that i will change later , firemen and firetruck are re-drawn images i had on a clip art cd i bought a while back , the cd itself is pretty crap , but did have these to give my an idea of what to draw

the windows are sprites with image's that will change depending if the tenent of that flat needs rescueing
fire engine is a sprite as is ladder , trees and block of flats are image's

well lots n lots to do , and times ticking

Quotegoing to have to big you a HUGE handicap the way you're going
well if you must a 100 points start would be nice , but a little unfair to everyone else , haha , im only doing it for the enjoyment it gives

i only see 3 entries so far , i thought we may get upto 10 , come on lads !!!

mick ;D

kevin

Quotewell if you must a 100 points start would be nice , but a little unfair to everyone else , haha , im only doing it for the enjoyment it gives

I think -100 would be much fairer :)

Quotei only see 3 entries so far , i thought we may get upto 10 , come on lads !!!

we'll be lucky to see 3 this year.    

micky4fun

Hi all

Quotewe'll be lucky to see 3 this year.
now thats is a shame , as more the merrier i say , i know people have to find the time to put code and gfx and other bits together ,
but im glad to see at least 2 other members taking time to enter,
i hope there's a few dark horses with some late entries , would be great for PlayBasic..

ok ile try to get some playable version of this level up over the weekend , maybe a week demo but something to tap away at
well got fire going from windows , decided to not have fire on top of building did not look quite right , got one of the persons to be rescued at he's window , will be rescue as many as possible within the time limit
type game , after this level is finished i still have at least 2 more levels of some kind to do , aint thought of this yet but something will pop up , kinda doing this project of the fly

anyway back very soon with update

mick ;D

kevin

Quotei hope there's a few dark horses with some late entries , would be great for PlayBasic..

Perhaps,   But they only have two weeks to register if that's the case.   

micky4fun

Hi all

ok did manage to do a bit for a few hours today , so here as promised a playable demo but not complete of 1 level
this demo will go on and on until all windows are on fire , in real game there will be a timer so you will only be our to rescue so many
until timer runs out

still to do on this level

timer , score gfx , rescued player goes to amberlance and other stuff , ie bonus cat in trees

controls as follows , left and right arrows to go left n right , c and v keys need to be done at a fast marching style so ladder cilmbs and space bar to lower ladder quickly
you can only rescue one at a time , rescue players can only join ladder at top of ladder

using pb v 1.64j2

just a slight update heres first screenie of level 2
also they maybe a name change to faster faster its a disaster

mick ;D

BlinkOk

this is lookin good micky. i reckon make the people chicks with huge knockers.

LemonWizard

hey, I tried the game micky. good work, really nice layout with code

though, I'm surprised that you chose real numbers for some of your definitions.
Rather, than using some variables for image numbers etcetera

Good luck in the competition.

micky4fun

Hi to all

Quotethis is lookin good micky. i reckon make the people chicks with huge knockers.
hi BlinkOk
only if we all had some of your great art work , would make it a lot easier ,
as for the huge knockers , fireman raising ladder already looks quite excited when rasing ladder , he would be even worse , lol
by the way , why aint you in this compo ? are you a dark horse !

Hi LemonWizard
QuoteI'm surprised that you chose real numbers for some of your definitions.
Rather, than using some variables for image numbers etcetera
just used to it at the moment , will try to get out of doing it this way
Quotehey, I tried the game micky. good work, really nice layout with code
Thanks , yep trying to keep it as simple as possible at moment, and its quite playable as it is
your game looks a bit more involved than mine , wish you all the luck with it and look forward to a playable demo.

ok i have progress a little further , doing level 2 now , a boat has run aground and sinking fast , passengers are jumping overboard
its upto you to get them out the water as quick as pos , as its freeziing in there

demo soon
for now a few more pics

mick :)

micky4fun

Hi all

just a quick update as got stinking cold at moment , but did manage to do about 2 hours worth today ,
i can now see what kinda pressure these game houses/programmers are under getting a game out on deadline , this is just a very simple game and you kinda feel the pressure , as you want a completed
game in time for deadline , if possible ,

well my second level is coming along a bit , but at the moment i dont feel that its as good as my first level in playability , so i will try n spruce it up a bit if i can
, the eagle eyed amoung'st you will see that my ship/boat is made up of some of my burning building , from the first level , well must re-cycle these days ,

heres an update of 2nd level , but will be changing a little later on maybe , a cargo ship is sinking on fire after hitting rocks just of shore ,you must sling people jumping overboard a ring to pull them to your rescue boat as water is freezing and has strong currents
you will use c and v keys again to build up distance of throw , then release with spacebar , this will sling ring towards people , then ring will be pulled back fast towards boat and if you hit any of them
then you have rescued them , will get a demo up asap

mick :)

BlinkOk

hey mick. nice work. i sent you a PM.