Jylsk - Gravitational cave flying game (WIP)

Started by Kelli, January 07, 2010, 09:49:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelli

Hi, I have been working on a new game for the past week or so.

It's a 2D cave flying game, where locally up to 6 players battle against each others with flying ships.
The game is coming along nicely so far but sadly I'm going to army soon so progress will be significantly slower as I will be able to work with my game only on weekends.
I present my game here to ensure it's progress as my bigger projects tend to freeze if I can't create them non-stop.

Although I have pretty much planned everything I want to be in the game (as this is gonna be a game I will play myself with my friends) I still would like to hear others thoughts and suggestions about it. Also performance with computer specs would be useful.  

You can download slightly simplified test version of my game from here: http://up.servut.us/20591 (Filesize 2,17Mt)
There is no menus, sound or music. Explosions and lot of things are placeholders and the game doesn't determine winner or anything. Weapons are not balanced so it's still far away from being ready, but it will give you a view what to expect from a final game.

Buttons:
P1:
  Arrows + Right Ctrl
P2:
  WASD + Q
P3:
  IJKL + Y
P4:
  8456 + 0

Pressing down shoots special weapon.

Pressing space will unlock fps limit and set vsync off so you can see how fast it runs full speed.

kevin

Nice,  I like the look and has a nice slick feel already !

micky4fun

Hi Kelli

yes looks very nice and plays nice n smooth , nice work

mick :)

monkeybot

hmmm it seems to be crashing my windows 7 machine.anyone else getting any probs with this.
the crash is black screen i have to reboot computer to get out of it.

Kelli

Quote from: monkeybot on January 10, 2010, 04:24:39 PM
hmmm it seems to be crashing my windows 7 machine.anyone else getting any probs with this.
the crash is black screen i have to reboot computer to get out of it.

I have Windows 7 (32bit) too and I haven't encountered any problems at all during the making. Are you running 64bit? Maybe you should try compatibility modes.

There's been progress in the making of this game, but I will update the download when the game is ready enough to be enjoyed and played properly. Couple of hours from now and I will be in the army, so you'll have to wait for that.

monkeybot

I am running 64 bit.Fresh install

doesn't seem to work in any compatibility mode.
core 2 duo 5750 4 gb ram.
any ideas kevin?

monkeybot