News:

Building a 3D Ray Tracer  By stevmjon

Main Menu

Platform type game , cops n robbers , complete

Started by micky4fun, August 25, 2009, 05:28:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

micky4fun

Hi Kevin

No it was me i mist type the path were i saved the level.txt , it works fine here too

ile have a muck around with that when im back from hols now

thanks
mick ;D

micky4fun

Hi ALL

With slight regret i have decided to leave this game as it is , just 1 main level divided into 4 kinda sub levels,
the reason being that first of all the game stucture would not make it that easy to do other levels , where lifts , slides etc would be placed somewhere else to where they are now ,
i am not that clever enough to do a map maker type interface for the game.
and second of all i have lots of other stuff i want to persue , ok they may not come to much , but i still want to try

so this is no longer w.i.p , but complete

thanks
mick ;D

LemonWizard

Hey mick. I'm familiar with level editing stuff.

If you wanted somone else to help you carry on the project to a level editable state, and maybe add some other features, I'm your man =p.

Let me know. I could collaberate with you. It would be fun to help somone else for a change instead of working on my own stuff. Plus, I bet if I helped I could really flesh it out.

kevin

I haven't checked, but if Mick's made the source available ?, then I doubt he'd object to somebody having go at updating the project. Provided of course that person gives full credit to Mick.   

micky4fun

Hi LemonWizard ,

well yes do what you wish , if you want , i dont mind throwing in a few ideas , but i think you may have problems using my code , getting it into a state that you can use no mater what level you design , but it would be interesting on how you can do that , its beyond me thats for sure ,
yes souce is included in the download , as for credits , well anything posted on these forums can be modifyed by anyone im not to worried about any credits myself .
this was just a tryout using the maps commands , it went further than i thought i think !

anyway just give me a shout if i can help in anyway , and ile ask kevin how to do it , lol

well back to the compo now , im stuck a little with my sprite detection on level 2 as there are 4 lanes of traffic , but im getting there i think ,

ps.
QuoteI could collaberate with you. It would be fun to help somone else for a change instead of working on my own stuff. Plus, I bet if I helped I could really flesh it out.
well its quite good worthing with others as i have found out with BlinkOK , so yep thats no problem , i also think that a few of you/us could get together and over a bit of time maybe come up with something pretty good ,

mick ;D

Vee

very nice game micky :)
looking forward to your future projects!

LemonWizard

I'm bored and I got several hours before I go on a really long bus trip.. so I think I'll try to edit this code now =p

--Well... I leave this afternoon...and I cant' get this source to work the way it was designed to.

*builds another project instead* bored ugh
This weekend after my long ass bus trip maybe =p