News:

PlayBASIC2DLL V0.99 Revision I Commercial Edition released! - Convert PlayBASIC programs to super fast Machine Code. 

Main Menu

easter compo 2011 , egg selector complete

Started by micky4fun, April 17, 2011, 05:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevmjon

good luck for the comp mick.

your game is looking good so far. looking forward to your update.

for additional gameplay, maybe add a short burst where the wheel speeds up upon certain triggers.

the only note i could see to maybe take a look at, is if i change the game to window mode, the mouse itself won't go past the center of the screen, and the arrow that goes around the wheel jumps to the wrong position when you go all the way around in one direction. it works perfect in full screen mode though.

keep up the good work.

stevmjon
It's easy to start a program, but harder to finish it...

I think that means i am getting old and get side tracked too easy.

micky4fun

hi all

yep thanks balaporte and stevmjon

glad you have both spotted my deliberate mistakes , i put them in there on purpose to make sure people are playing them , lol
yep as with staying up most the night as well and making sure i had something uploaded , towards the end i was rushing somewhat , spent to much time doing gfx's not a lot of time for coding , how i wish i could draw like blinkOk.
and my brain went dead trying to sort out the random colour mech , anyway that parts its done now
looking at blinkOk's drawing , i have moved the wheel up a bit , this gives chance to select a few more baskets off of wheel
now i am thinking or maybe changing the items on the wheel to somethng else as the compo is over it has not got to be eggs , this may give me more things to play with at the bottom of the screen and my rabbits aint all that , not easy to tell one colour from other and eggs suffer that as well  , but for the moment its still eggs
ok i will get a playable version of somekind up at weekend ,

mick ;D

micky4fun

hi all

ok heres a more playable version of my game , a few changes here n there , i will try and do more over the next few days and get an update very soon , trying to wrapp this up within a week as a few more things i want to do.

forgot to say bonus chick does not always show up in all levels , more random now and sometime more that once per level
but general level layout will be done at end of game.

use stevmjon download below

mick ;D

stevmjon

like the changes that you made. keep up the good work.

edit: just for fun i added a variable to your code that allows the game to run the same in window mode as in fullscreen mode, keeping the mouse control the same in both modes.
hope you like it.

stevmjon

edit:  removed attachment because a newer version is in another post below.

micky4fun

hi all

stevmjon , thanks for that , did not know how to do that bit myself , now have a choice either window or full screen
ive just altered a few other bits that not quite right , ie baskets dim in proper order now.

what i will do is take my download down and let people download your file ,
hopefully weekend will have updated more of game heres a new screenie

mick ;D

micky4fun

hi all

ok heres the complete game , please inform of any bugs , ive tested it quite a bit but there could be something that aint cropped up
basic rules of game

select correct egg for correct rabbit , golden big egg with question mark on it is for big yellow chick , this is a random bonus/handicap egg
if you give this to the yellow chick one of 6 things will happen
1 bonus points
2 wheel direction change
3 eggs on wheel colours will change
4 wheel speeds up the slows again
5 cloudy day , clouds will block your view
6 reverse mouse control

also on every 5th level the daytime level will change to night time making it hard to see eggs on wheel , but timer will be a bit longer to help you a bit
on night time level , there will be no clouds or wheel speed up as this will be to hard , unless already in play from level before

every level complete the timer will get faster , apart from night level
the quicker you get the eggs to the rabbits the more point you will get , dont keep them waiting to long or they will move along

thanks about it

if someone can make the reverse mouse routine work without the mouse pointer moving from where it was last , this would be great lines 319 to 333
ok thats about it

mick ;D

ok download game from stevmjon post a few post lower , as he has edited my game to work in window mode and sorted out mouse glitch in reverse mouse mode , now silky smooth . so big thanks to him

stevmjon

Quote from: micky4fun on May 02, 2011, 04:29:19 PM
if someone can make the reverse mouse routine work without the mouse pointer moving from where it was last , this would be great lines 319 to 333
ok thats about it

no worries.  just downloaded it, and will look at what i can do.

stevmjon

micky4fun

hi all

Quoteno worries.  just downloaded it, and will look at what i can do.

ok thanks , that will be great , maths no a strong point , amoungst others lol
by the way the upside screen did not make it into the game , it was not for trying as i did try other ideas as well , but alas they did not look right or work , but if anyone still wants to try the upside mode , on any level just quickly turn your monitor around 180 degreas that should do the trick .

ok think ile give it a day or two rest ,testing of this game before i start something else

mick ;D

stevmjon

hhhmmmmm....

in theory, this should work (see pic). for some reason it doesn't. i need more time to check out why.

stevmjon

balaporte

Quoteby the way the upside screen did not make it into the game , it was not for trying as i did try other ideas as well , but alas they did not look right or work , but if anyone still wants to try the upside mode , on any level just quickly turn your monitor around 180 degreas that should do the trick .

:)

Nice work on this game & good luck on the next one!

micky4fun

hi all

[quotein theory, this should work (see pic). for some reason it doesn't. i need more time to check out why.
][/quote]
thanks for giving it a bash , but dont spend to much time on it as its proberly not worh it , i did try a few things myself but to no joy , thought it may just tidy it up a bit , but think still quite playable as it is.
one good thing people have a choice of window or full screen so thanks for that.

mick ;D

stevmjon

yay.  i got the reverse mouse issue fixed.

since you have updated your current version, i will still post this v1.1, and i have marked all areas i have edited, so you can copy these edits to your newer version.

i also fixed it so when you apply reverse mouse , then go back to normal mouse, the graphic arrow does not jump either.

when you see what caused the jump, even after my initial efforts, you will kick yourself.

have fun,  stevmjon

micky4fun

hi all

Thanks stevmjon great job , yep quite easy in the end , but sometimes even the simplist things take ages to suss out , i tried a few thing but to no joy
this just makes the game run smoother now , takes out a bag glitch in the game controll

i will delete my upload and let anyone else download your edited version , thanks to you we have a windowed and full screen version without any mouse glitches , thanks for taking time out for that.
i was a toying with the idea of having some creatures say ants walking along the top of the pipe , but they can not get from one side to the other , as the pipe in the middle is in the way , but when you move the pointer to bottom of one side you could pick one up and take him to other side and visa versa as a bonus , but think i will just leave it as it is , as its quite playable in as it is

stevmjon , i was just wondering how your own platformer game is going along as you did some great work on the graphics side of this game and it did look quite stunning .

thanks
mick :D

stevmjon

Quote from: micky4fun on May 07, 2011, 06:15:16 AM
Thanks stevmjon great job , yep quite easy in the end , but sometimes even the simplist things take ages to suss out , i tried a few thing but to no joy
this just makes the game run smoother now , takes out a bag glitch in the game controll

stevmjon , i was just wondering how your own platformer game is going along as you did some great work on the graphics side of this game and it did look quite stunning .

no worries, i am glad to help with the game. i enjoy helping others.

my game, well, i started it 'again' from scratch, refering to my last one. i have been going about 3.5 months now, and have made great and fast progress. i have simplified the code, and have used all psubs & functions. lots of them. building the game is a lot easier now, and will take much less time to match the gameplay of my old one.
i have also made new graphics, and added more trees, plants, items and more tiles. i should be able to replace my old game in a few months time. i even purchased some music and sound FX. i am not sure how much i can use because i have to keep the total game file size below 50 meg. this is the limit of my website space.

i am looking forward to posting my next game update.

stevmjon

micky4fun

hi all

Quotei am looking forward to posting my next game update
i will look out for the update and good luck it getting the game finished sometime soon , i know that time just wizzes past when coding , a little code in a lot of time.

mick :D