News:

PlayBASIC2DLL V0.99 Revision I Commercial Edition released! - Convert PlayBASIC programs to super fast Machine Code. 

Main Menu

Vintage Computing

Started by kevin, September 28, 2011, 09:51:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin

E296: Do you ever wish you had a system that could use amiga peripherals, like a pistorm, a vampire, a TF card or more but was brand new. was not a repop board or a pi? well hang onto your girdle. I present TWO new devices you can get RIGHT NOW.  the Minimig 1.1 and flagship 1.8 with real Motorola CPUs!!!

get yours now while supplies last. Dont miss out!!!

Https://www.minimig.ca

kevin

kevin

Amiga  DownUNDER Magazine

Here's a small collage of an Australian Amiga based computer magazine from the early 90's called Amiga DownUNDER  

kevin

kevin

Apple II JoyStick - BOX

While picking through my closest I ran into this strange find..  Was excited initially, but the actual controller isn't in the box..   But It's a nice old find none the less.

Controller Photo
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-apple-ii-joystick-controller-1854584236

#Apple #JoyStick #Box

kevin

Atanasoff: Father of The Computer (Documentary)    

Transcript

well and we'll look back over my life I think I I was almost born in the computer
I was five years old and I started at school and after about a month the
father said let me hear it read my mother heard me read and she says I see I will have to teach you myself
her exact words and she did after a
month I took off on my own along her advice I I had an interesting
calculation from my earliest days my bad valve intellect cleanser there
but it did another slide rule he really didn't need one so little slide rules left for me and in in a week or two I
can do any ordinary problem saw the slag rule but this didn't satisfy me I had to understand how that slider will worked
[Music] computing it goes back to I suppose abacus and pencil and paper but when you
go from mechanical to electronic that's the huge jump and I knew that I had to
build a computer and I was shaken when I realized that that's what my future was
I didn't I wasn't enthusiastic about it I didn't want to do it but I knew I had
to and I knew that I had the means some when I thought was if I had them and
internal means to do it [Music]
and then we had the at Nassau Barry computer which was just comes out of almost nowhere out of the cornfields of
Iowa is this inventor and figures out for the first time how you can solve problems using binary logic and that is
what has led to the revolution in digital computing
the world's first electronic digital computer was created by John Vincent Atanasoff a physics professor his
concepts have transformed our world but the man himself remains a mystery in
history books and patent records there's almost no mention of him or his invention instead you find the story of
a completely different computer giant
electronic brain is starting conjugating at the University of Pennsylvania it's made of vacuum - like the radio and it
can add up a column of figures a yard long in a second it's the world's first electronic computer right now it's
solving mathematical problems to the u.s. army but who knows someday a machine like this may check up on your
income tax the New York Times called it the greatest secret of world war ii it
was called the Eemian and it was invented by a man named John Mauchly along with presper eckert in the family
tree of computing it's usually at the top almost every digital device is a descendant of the ENIAC but for many
years no one realized the ENIAC itself was based on another computer
it would take three decades before the connection between John McLean and John Vincent Atanasoff was revealed
the discovery which would ultimately upend the entire industry was made by a
29 year old lawyer was assigned the case of a lifetime [Music]
my name is Charles Cole I'm a patent lawyer I have been a patent lawyer most
of my life since 1960 in late 66 or the
very beginning of 67 I was then a new young lawyer at the law firm in Chicago
patent law firm that had represented Honeywell for many years and I was
called in by my senior partner Dennis Allegretti and said they got this really
big lawsuit that's probably gonna take five or ten years of your life you don't want to sign onto something like that I
don't know if I thought he was kidding or not but it turned out he wasn't kidding it took five years of my life
Charlie call was representing Honeywell we were trying to get it started in the computer business for Honeywell and a
lot of small companies the problem was the ENIAC patents controlled by IBM and Sperry Rand you have to remember that in
in 1955 as this late as 1955 IBM and sprayer and together had 95% of the
business they were not just the big guys in town there they were both of them the two 800-pound gorillas that were running
everything Sperry Rand asserted that there was no computer of any consequence at all being made that didn't need a
license under this patent so Honeywell would basically be out of the computer business without permission from Sperry
Graham to continue as would the other computer manufacturers our initial
impression was it looked pretty hopeless everything that you read said that the first electronic digital computer was
invented at the University of Pennsylvania by Eckert and Mauchly and it was the ENIAC machine this is just
one of these things like you know Alexander Graham Bell didn't go to the telephone and record multi had become
the recognized inventors of electronic computer and the ENIAC machine was recognized to be the first electronic
digital computer we had an uphill battle changing the perception and we had to do
that with evidence it was now nearly 30
years old by going to the University of Pennsylvania and the ENIAC the records
of the ENIAC project were were in boxes underneath the stadium seats at Franklin Field so I spent a couple of weeks
they're just gloriously going through all of that stuff getting names and finding out and leaves
went to the Library of Congress to find things a lot of the corporations like RCA and NCR and General Electric had
done earlier work and they were also accused with the infringements so I would talk to their patent lawyers and get to talk to their people so anything
they had I had a I had a lot to look at and at some point I was given a copy of
the arcade Richards book it's a text on how computers work but it has an introduction entitled history and
introduction and at page three it said I'll read this the ancestry of all
electronic digital systems appears to be traceable to a computer which will here be called the Atmos off bury computer I
got my attention that the ancestry of all computers appeared to be traceable to the Atmos off bury computer
was not long after seeing this that I persuaded my partners that we really oughta go see doctor at Nassau
horrendous remain to come here the Frederick
one thing that impressed me first was this house itself is a very unusual house kind of a fortress though and
where the three of us are climbing up out of the car and coming up to this
imposing front door I'm sure I was nervous 1967 when we had a lone genius
who if he had built something nobody knew about it and against all of the the
PR engines that it took working for a decade at least or more extolling the breakthroughs it came from Sperry
Grantham IBM it's gonna be a tough sell and I knew that against people that had much greater resources we had the
I know about your cutting machines they have some prior encounters his lawyers that have not gone well so he was like
many people probably rightfully or a little wary of inviting lawyers and the dog would have been getting too involved
with them his wife Alice was there she was very cordial I think she served his
coffee and we sat down in couches and began to talk about machines and look at
my file and came up with a hollow
yes this it was particularly interesting this this was the document that I
regarded is that the chief piece of pay dirt and the Bible this was the the August 1940 manuscript you the JB wrote
which told me what I needed to know to they get really enthusiastic about this
machine this concept had so many principles in
it which were completely novel which are still being used today which I had not
seen anyplace else nobody had designed electronic logic circuits that took data inputs and
created a new logical output so you stick it back in the memory and that's
the way all computers work today you kind of take it for granted I tell you when you're looking around for somebody
else that did it that way before 1940 you're not gonna find it except with that mass off in order to break the
eating Act patent Charlie call had to learn everything about a DynaVox machine
he had to prove it was truly the first electronic computer and that was based
on a body of law just build up about how you what what is it that establishes a
date upon which the invention was made and it turns out the the date that you're entitled to claim as your
invention date is your conception date that is when you thought of the idea when you had a complete conception of
how it's going to be coupled with diligence to a reduction to practice the notion of when you think about it for
the first time when it when it first you have this this flash of genius moment when you say ah Eureka I know how to do
this the question to dr. at Nassau can you tell us what you thought about all
this and he says I can like I can clearly remember out happen
[Music] in 1935 I had a number of graduate
students working in theoretical physics these students we're having a great deal of trouble doing the calculations
themselves it took me back to a day when I was working on my own thesis and they
were spending much more than a month doing actual calculations this problem of calculations trust me very hard
he told it's a story about that he he was just worrying and worrying and
worrying about how to solve this problem all his grad students were stumped he was stuck they just they couldn't get
anything done because they couldn't solve these problems so he started working on solutions and nothing worked
now what did I do I just sat down at the desk and started making pictures and thinking making
pictures and thinking this went on for months and months I guess for a year and
a half or two years I had yet mine how I can build a computer I didn't have in
mind how I would ever reach my goal and I went out I'll tell you what happened I
went out to my office one evening and I tried to work on this and tried to work
on that and I became an extremely every irate with myself and I was upset to an
extreme degree and then I did something [Music] have done only two or three times in my
life I went out beyond into my car and started to drive and I drove hard for
several hours driving hard enough so that I couldn't think about computers I had to think about the road and at last
I said them well not an asset that's going far enough you've got to do something and then I glanced over and I
was crossing a bridge 189 miles from my stop
Oh somebody has analyzed my situation
they said I was looking for a drink well I have one looking for a drink until I glanced over and saw the war none I said while you're going into
Illinois and of course you can get a drink in Illinois I drove on a bit and I realized that this is a little Roadhouse
or tavern and I drove up there and went in I took a table and ordered a drink
and I turned a gander to the subject of computing machines and all of a sudden I
realized that my mental capacity had improved markedly I knew immediately
that I can think things through and I knew immediately what I had to do
Oh binary number system astrometric and
we would have electronic life issues and if I look back over that era I realized
that these four or steps but entered my
mind at the honky-tonk aren't every computer
deep in the basement of Iowa State's physics building with the help of a young grad student named Clifford berry
at an ass off turned his concepts into a computer which he called the ABC so what
we are looking at is a replica of the at NASA berry computer that was constructed in 1940 roughly 1939 1940 and made to
work to solve systems of equations it was the really the first electronic
digital computer none of the computing was done with mechanical like a mechanical calculator of that era all of it was done with
binary logic and ones and zeros like we use now at a Nassif's computer
introduced a brand new way of thinking up until then calculators were mechanically counting
by moving gears and levers like in advocacy at a Nassif's machine calculated using electrons but at the
time almost nobody understood just how significant that was when at an ass off approached IBM to invest in his machine
they refused a member of IBM staff told me that IBM would never build an
electric meter who never built electric commuter at the time IBM was actually in
the middle of building a giant mechanical computer called the Marquand it was 51 feet long and cost over
$200,000 in the age of analog computers bigger meant better in comparison and a
Nassif's digital computer was the size of a desk and cost only $5,000
[Music] but there was one person who understood
the significance of his invention in December 1941 at a science convention in
Philadelphia at an ass off met a fellow professor John Buckley MOC Lee was
giving a lecture about predicting weather patterns using an analogue calculator after the talk had an ass off
explained his electronic computer amok Lee was immediately interested turned
out this man from the Middle West dr. Adam that stuff from Iowa was indeed
trying to build a computer and he told me he could do it very cheaply that was
interesting and come out Iowa and he'd show it all to me
we were not unaware when we came to visit JB that first time in this house
that Mark Lee had been said to have been there and visited the product they were Richards had alluded to that in his book
that was going to be essential that we be able to prove not just that the computer existed and it was build and it
was workable but the crucial thing was that we had to prove that John Mauchly had seen it learned about it and gotten
key concepts which people use later on and tried to patent with the ENIAC patent then we had to prove that got
derived from that mess off well I couldn't get out there until the
following summer which was the beginning of the 41 summer
it was a warm June day that MOC Lee came to visit for five days and learned what
an ass off had accomplished their sons John and Jimmy played in the backyard while they talked about all the
technical things that at Nassau had invented and at Nassau
allowed Lockley to see the 35 page manuscript motley asked to borrow it and
while he was borrowing it he also got pipe paper out of the office and was seen working late at night with the
light on my hand was in there I think we
were we were comfortable that we had established the timing of the machine the timing of its construction it's
stated construction when Martha was there the fact that he was there for several days discussions were free and
open he had read the manuscript he later on after that exchange correspondence without an ass off which suggested and
confirmed that indeed he was there and did learn about the machine I think we felt like we had all we needed to have
we told that nass off that we weren't sure that Molly would admit to this we
didn't know what he would do we wonder if that Nassau had any idea how do you ever talked to moth Lee he didn't know
either you know there hadn't really had been no contact between those men for a long time so it's marlis marlis
response to this if we brought it up was unknown but I had had learned somehow
that the dr. mark Lee was I've been invited to speak at a panel on the history of computers it was being held
in DC and that was happening as I recalled the next day after after I was
here with Dennis Allegretti and Henry Halliday they went on back to the Midwest and I stayed over and went
conference [Applause]
good afternoon ladies and gentlemen I'm Isaac Auerbach the chairman of this
session entitled in the beginning reminiscence oh the creator just to my
surprise the moderator of the panel introduced dr. Murphy by saying there's
a there's a mention in this arc a Richards book that there was a computer out and that Iowa State that you had
gone out to see I just like to inject
the development of a computer that is not as well known to many of you as it
might be it's a computer called the as an ass off very computer I got the impression that
the multi was totally blindsided by this and indeed I did visit the Iowa State
University premises of his invitation and looked at something which at that
time wasn't working kind of a deer in the headlights attempt to say oh don't
don't don't pay no attention to that man behind the curtain the gist of it was as
I recall that yeah he did not to see something but it was not really that interesting and it was I didn't learn
very much it was covered over by a tarpaulin and he was only there for 10 minutes or something would say had no correspondents at all to the truth that
I had heard the Danao knew that we could almost certainly prove about what it really happened so my reaction was if he
continues to take that position we win because because we can prove that isn't
true he's gonna they're gonna they're gonna have to figure out a better story but it didn't happen because it did
happen in the case of Honeywell versus Barry ran it was important to show not
only did mock Lee had seen had an a sauce but also what happened next did ideas
from the ABC make their way into the e niak Mowgli went to to visit out an ass
off spent five days with him learned everything because Anna Nassif was totally open
when Mauchly came back he took a course in electronics at the Moore School and
there met Eckert Eckert was 12 years younger than he he
was very impressed by his brilliance and by the fact that the two of them could seem to mesh in their interests and they
sat around after class talking about computers and the two of them began to
work together the average improving birth was in the
process of calculating firing tables which had to be extremely precise and were very complex and they had rooms
full of wax and other women they were all women for some reason trying to
compute these firing tables on tabulating machines which weren't good enough an electromechanical equipment so
that the aberdeen wanted a computer an electronic computer and and Eckert and
Mauchly had the goods John mafia no I had a few other engineers around their work night and
day without me sleep for a couple of days and cranked out a proposal it was then looked at by the army people who
said they were interested during that time mark Lee wrote to add an ass off
and said how would you feel about my building a an add an ass off calculator
and an an ass off said well he wanted to hold off and try and get a patent on the ABC but like most people of his
generation had an ass off feet would be dictated by the events of World War two he left Iowa
to work at the US Navy ordnance lab the office he worked in required a high level of security clearance so he was
surprised one day by an unexpected visitor John Mauchly over the next year
motley dropped by from time to time to talk about computing on his final visit
he revealed to add an ass off just what he was doing for the army building them
a computer ask them to tell me how on
the surface the ENIAC was massively different from the ABC the ENIAC filled
an entire room it used 18,000 vacuum tubes and weighed 30 tons it reportedly
dimmed the lights of Philadelphia every time it was turned on [Music]
when at an ass off returned to Iowa after the war this computer was gone
Iowa State never filed the patent application a mistake they would later calculate cost them over four billion
dollars in lost revenue
he was very surprised and disappointed that first of all the machine had not been patented that nothing had been
followed up on that and then you can imagine how he felt when he discovered in the late 40s that his machine had
been dismantled and that the parts they didn't even know where most of them were I didn't have a patent because I would
say college forced me to sign upon contract with them and refused to pursue the patent and I should have stood for
it but I did he was pretty emotional there was a tough part of his life
because his work was destroyed and my theory was let's not worry about it
let's go on and enjoy life and that's what we did as that an ass wall filed
away sketches and diagrams Eckert and Mauchly moved forward they patented the
Eenie AK and founded the world's first computer company the computer had been an obscure device for scientists and the
military but by the 1950s computers helped with the census and predicted
elections by the 60s even Batman would have a computer the ENIAC was on its way
to becoming one of the most valuable inventions in the world one person that took notice was Tom Watson the head of
IBM IBM his business was based on tools like punch cards tabulators and the
typewriter products the electronic computer would eventually make obsolete
Tom Watson was worried and concerned because of the great press that ENIAC
was getting it wanted to get the company into electronics and of course there
would be a concern that there were would be patents on the ENIAC which would
hamper IBM so the first idea they had was to challenge the ENIAC patent and
they sent their lawyer at yen out to sea at an a so we had subpoenaed
IBM's records asking them to turn over everything they had about at Nassau and
that file revealed that they had had a longtime interest in ahead man so they had they had records about their
dealings with him before the the ABC was an even invented apparently we saw them all but we saw a lot about their family
people's knowledge of the ABC in the early 50s and thereafter I'm attorney
from IBM came by and wanted to talk to me he had found out about Marvin's
patent this and he says if you'll help us we will destroy them off with patents because they were derived from you those
were his exact words I wasn't quite sure how I should react I hadn't myself formerly the data I
didn't add an ass off was suddenly very excited he never thought that there was a possibility of resurrecting this this
poor old machine that he had built at an ass off waited to hear back from IBM's
lawyers about challenging the e me a can course but to his surprise he never contacted him again IBM had another plan
on how to deal with a MEAC patent which was now owned by the rival spear ear and
but he kept saying what's happened to IBM why have I not heard from them he also believed that that IBM must have
lost interest in this and that if IBM couldn't break the ENIAC patent nobody
could so what happened meanwhile was that IBM decided that instead of
challenging the Antioch patent it would be better to negotiate a deal with Sperry to have a cross licensing
agreement [Music]
we didn't have a lawsuit against IBM and that was not you know but we did have a
lawsuit against Sperry Rand and our position was that that's this deal that IBM and Sperry Rand struck was a problem
in a number of ways one of them was that IBM we felt knew a lot that was of what
was wrong with these patents and when they settled it they were silenced as a voice to oppose them after four years of
legal preparation the trial of Honeywell versus Barry Rand began hearing testimony on June 1st 1971 seventy-seven
witnesses would be called including Edward Teller the father of the hydrogen bomb but the two most important
witnesses were adding us off and my car
we had the burden of proof it was our job to get this all together the
difficulties with Atmos off continued to be the ones that we'd always face which was that this this was a long inventor
Mountain Iowa working in the basement of the physics department unless we could
prove that Mark Lee saw it understood it and carried that knowledge away with him when he left Ames it didn't matter we
knew that it was not gonna be in Molly's interest to do anything but minimize
this minimize the extent to which he learned anything minimize the willingness of people to telling
anything minimize what he was allowed to see and maximize the the notion that
this wasn't really new to him he thought about like these ladies already
walking particularly emphasized in his testimony that whatever he learned from
John ad and I saw in Iowa mock Lee's ideas did not derive from a tan ass off
I think the the initial hope by dr. mark Lee I'm sure with Sperry was that they
could just make this go away you know they say well it might have happened but it was no big deal because I didn't
really learn anything I didn't already know and and and and and it was getting brushed aside obviously we couldn't let
it get brushed aside what Honeywell had on their side was the sheer volume of evidence over 25,000 items for the first
time in a US Court a computer was used to keep track of all the evidence playing a key role in the trial that
would decide its own origins the
documents are showing he was there for a long time the discussions were free and open he learned everything he needed to
know there was a good chance that Mark Lee had some things too he had been subpoenaed and required to bring all the
documents that he had in his possession that anything to do with that mess off and he and he showed up with a very small stack so one of the first orders
of business is that deposition was to find out what kind of search he had done and it turned out he really hadn't
looked very hard second session of his deposition he brought back a box full of stuff
I had I had found this letter that Mark Lee had written to H home plate and it
did not appear that from what from what happened that motley
knew it was in his files had seen this letter and thought about it so I give them the letter to Henry Henry who was
the most gifted trial lawyer I've ever seen I'm thinking well this and then
he'll much it doesn't say much more than what we know already and Henry took the letter and looked at dr. mark Lee and
said dr. mark Lee isn't it a fact that you told your good friend H film Clayton that you'd been out things and seeing
this machine and you can see this deer the headlight expression okay what do I
do now so this went on for like two hours that Henry is walking around the
room carrying the letter periodically you know it would find some other little tidbit that's hitting the letter suggesting that it knows the level and
and and Mauchly changed his story maybe he wasn't as precise as he should have
been he was not a lawyer he wasn't
thinking he was writing for the history books necessarily I do remember when but at the end of this dr. mark Lee said
that I want to see that letter and he looked at it and and he just his face dropped because he realized I didn't
need to admit all that it doesn't say anything
I'm ugly had written a letter to doctor at masa basically saying would the way
be clear to me if I chose to do it to build a machine like yours inside I'm
thinking about building an app mass off computer Allah wish differential analyzer
[Music]
he's asking for permission to build a Nene AK because the differential analyzer was used to solve firing table
problems and so he's asking it and I thought it would it would the way be clear and I really if I did this with I
would you give me a license if you got a patent or whatever the key issue is whether or not John add an ass off gave
to Eckert hand or to mock Lee ideas that were embodied in the claims of the
patent that's what we're really talking about and what is said back and forth in
letters his can often be a red herring
this was not a letter that said I'm thinking about using your ideas but I really don't understand it I need a lot
more information but Oregon use the ideas he's saying I'm thinking about using your ideas there's no suggestion in that letter at
all that he didn't fully understand what he saw know how to go forward and use those
ideas without more helpful that it really had to do with this fundamental
question mr. Eckert have the right to claims that
invented the computer is nobody else had the right to build one without their information that was what the lawsuit
was about and that had everything to do [Music]
it can best be described as the trial of the century two inventors both holding a
claim on the first computer testimony from the highest levels of Industry of
science and the military and while the trial was technically two companies wrestling over a patent the decision
would affect everyone who would ever use the computer on October 19th 1973 five
years after Honeywell first issued their challenge Judge Earl Larsen delivered his verdict Eckert and Mauchly had
derived the union from the work of John and an ass off one of the most valuable patents in the world was declared no
longer valid and just like that the electronic computer was no longer
controlled by Sperry or IBM or anyone the essence was that he he believed a
judge Larson concluded that the the at NASA Barry computer was real that monkey had been there that he learned all that
he needed to know about it that he took it took it back the inventions that were being claimed in the ENIAC patents
basically this supposed invention of the electronic digital computer that
occurred monthly had not invented that but in fact derived it from dr. ed Nassif but for adding a Soph recognition would
not come easily the verdict was released at the height of the Watergate scandal which overshadowed the decision and despite
the verdict it seems as if the legacy of the e niak would not disappear overnight all due respect to judge Larson I
remember at the time that when the opinion came out I disagreed with the judge's findings the hope was okay now
now the judge's decision has laid that the rest know nobody that I have the guts to say Eckert and Mauchly defend
the computer anymore right no they kept saying it it john mauchly
and presper eckert still claim to be the inventors and their position was that
judge Larson heard to say that that we
got any kind of help at all really from out in Nassau his total nonsense and
totally inaccurate I did ask Molly about his visit to Ames and Mauchly said I
didn't get anything out of that visit except the Royal shaft later the interesting thing from the point of view
of and Nassif and me was he was a computer dropout he just didn't seem to
have any interest in computers I thought he turned up in a lawsuit later so
that's one comment on history you might say
sprayer and actively thought to perpetuate the myth the spray grin was
very proud of the tracing their genealogy back to the ENIAC machine they
spent money on documentaries they gave a lot of money the Smithsonian and helped him set up a teeny a cue so much they
did everything they could to pretend that the the court case didn't happen
and the diversion of history that everybody had had followed so long was
still true although the public might not have understood the significance of the trial its repercussions would be felt
for decades to come
the verdict released the computer from the control of a single company
inventors were free to take a Dena sauce fundamental concepts in new directions
first became the Apple one eventually I passed it out for free I gave away all
my designs all my code no copyright notices here build your own build your own build your own and homebrew Computer
Club consisted of group to about 500 people meeting every two weeks in 1975
and we would discuss all sorts of computer ideas and sociological ideas how computers were gonna change society
and we felt it was a revolution we felt that whoa you know this is a big stride forward because now real people will be
able to afford a computer not just the big companies and we were gonna empower the little guys the legacy of a de
nassif would be not only inventing the original electronic digital computer but
also breaking the Antioch patent which paved the way for future innovation that
really opened up the world it opened up vast degrees of competition it opened up all kinds of innovation if we can
imagine a world where we had one company with a patent on the computer no one
else were able to produce a computer the next thing you know Microsoft would have never happened
the internet would have never happened I'd much rather have tens of thousands of people thinking about how to make
this stuff better or how to use it then have it all locked up somewhere in preventing anybody from figuring out any
new ways to use it the internet wouldn't be what it is were not for the fact that there are millions of people who can try
new ideas out every day without asking anyone's permission I'm sure that Atanasoff saw a lot even
he passed away in 1995 he had the opportunity to see the fruition of what
he had started it's I think a tribute in a way to the power of the whole concept of computing the stored-program
computing that you could go from a fan a sauce machine the ABC machine to the
world today which has four and a half billion programmable mobiles and more than a billion computers at the edges of
the net it's all the same notion it's just evolved and elaborated over an
enormous Lee well 50 year period [Music]
I would like to see at nesaf remembered the way we went over the Wright brothers as the person who put everything
together and make something really happen in a revolutionary way that there have been other people who have
contributed to the technology before and since but the big step forward was made
by John at NASA that's how we'd like to see in the moon my pleasure to introduce
dr. John and an ass off he's going to tell his story of the
invention of the first electronic digital computer
[Applause] [Music]
I'm very grateful at page to place me at the beginning of his great adventures I had great expectations but none that
matched present achievements and none that could possibly match what we all expected the future since the beginning
many men have worked on computing and many have furnished elements that were report this applies to Walkley and some
members of the staff such as Berks greater than others his third to the list contain a spoon of Napier and Susan
but it must also go to the originators of my motor systems which began computing what each man accomplishes
depends on his brains have energy but also on the surrounds in which he works in this timing is important in a larger
sense no man invents anything he builds an extent as friends and on the
shoulders of oats [Music]
if you enjoyed this documentary head to SPS on-demand anytime for over 250
documentaries to keep you informed [Music]
you

kevin

Cecconoid - Amiga Port - Dev Update December 2022
Available to purchase from https://www.thalamusdigital.co.uk/ early 2023

Requires any Amiga with 512k chip ram / 512k other ram

Original game by Gareth Noyce

Amiga port by Hoffman

kevin