AGE Development Blog (Advanced Graphics Engine for AmosPro / Amiga AGA)

Started by kevin, March 17, 2012, 08:34:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin

Quote from: Epo on March 11, 2019, 03:36:50 PM
Hello Kevin,

Your AGE looks fantastic. I tried it couple of times in those past years. Also, did it today. However, I never succeeded in compiling any of your examples. Is it even possible? I'm experienced with Amos and I'd like to make use of your "extension" but if it can not be compiled then it misses the point. Can you help?

If AmosPro can't locate the include and or it can't load the binary part of library then it wont compile or run.  The paths in the examples are absolute, making the extraction path critically important to success.   If you change the extraction path, you'd have to mod the paths in the examples manually. 

Epo

QuoteIf AmosPro can't locate the include and or it can't load the binary part of library then it wont compile or run.  The paths in the examples are absolute, making the extraction path critically important to success.   If you change the extraction path, you'd have to mod the paths in the examples manually.

Thank you Kevin for quick response and sorry for delay from my part (something unexpected came up). To the point. I do understand absolute path issue. However, it does not work. I mean it works in editor but I can't make it compile without getting an error (most examples report it in line 67 but I don't think it's the line we see in editor, most probably it's internal numbering that the compiler sees only). Anyway, I've seen your video and saw you're using version 1.02 but it's not available to download (only 1.01 and 1.02-Beta-01; I'm using the latter). If you still have access to your configuration, could you please check if you're able to compile any of your examples? I'd be grateful. And thanks a lot for keeping interest in people who are interested in you old project.

kevin

Had a quick look and if you cut'n'paste the include into one of the examples,  the AmosPRO compiler complains about the variable buffer overflowing.    I do remember something about being able to change the heap size in Amos, but not off the top of my head..

Epo

Quote from: kevin on March 22, 2019, 10:53:53 PM
  Had a quick look and if you cut'n'paste the include into one of the examples,  the AmosPRO compiler complains about the variable buffer overflowing.    I do remember something about being able to change the heap size in Amos, but not off the top of my head..

Kevin, your tip worked! But only with two examples: Show picture and v020_Graphic. But that's something. With others I get errors like above on the screenshot but with much further line (after 3000.)
However, after quitting from the program I must reset the Amiga because it causes some system stability problems (and does not recover all the Chip memory back.)

kevin

However, after quitting from the program I must reset the Amiga because it causes some system stability problems (and does not recover all the Chip memory back.)

On close the dellocation functions need to be called to release the buffers..   So any possible app close would have to be trapped so it calls the delloc or it'll leak.   

Epo

Thank you again Kevin for taking time to respond. I'll see if I'm successful with the other examples, because those two are simply not sufficient to make a satisfactory project.

nonarkitten

Any chance of open sourcing this? I'd love to get into the weeds and rewrite some of the inner code for the Vampire AMMX.