For Foxes Sake WIP

Started by micky4fun, August 19, 2012, 03:54:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlinkOk

Mick has an update on the previous page!!

graphics update! coloured NPC's;

animated (keep an eye on that dog! he's nasty)

i'm thinking this is everything except foxy with the watering can.

micky4fun

Hi all

Thanks BlinkOk , good idea for dog looks fantastic , brilliant gfx's all round they dont get better than this  :),

Quotei'm thinking this is everything except foxy with the watering can.
yep should be it i think for this level , just the other 49 to go , hahah
yes think thats enough to get game done , maybe some score gfx's and life bar maybe , as 1 hit and dead i think seems harsh
ok i have already put new gfx's for enimies in game , also enimies change speed every end turn , and some staggered end turns as well
will crack on now and get deeper into game , and post when something is ready

mick :)

OldNESJunkie

Looking great, only thing you may wanna add is water splashing when you or the fish go in/out of the water...

kevin

Excellent work Mick, lots of nice touches.  The way you're going  this might well turn to be one of the best games written in PB...   

BlinkOk

QuoteLooking great, only thing you may wanna add is water splashing when you or the fish go in/out of the water...
yeah. there are a few areas where we could add little touches like that; water splashing, paint splashing etc

hey mick do you think you could make the snail like the turtles in mario? where you stomp on the snail and then push the shell to knock other enemies off

i'm thinking i might do an end boss as well. maybe a huge bear. are you up for that?

ps: hud stuff

micky4fun

Hi all

OldNESjunkie , thanks for comments , yep could drop them in at some stage , all adds to the feel of the game .

Yep not going to bad at the moment Kevin , its kinda getting there , but still early doors at the moment , lucky enough BlinkOk is about to help with great gfx's, as i said theres no real rush for this so got time to muck about with a few things/ideas to the best of my ability
some take a lot longer for me to suss out than others and some once done are crap , lol , so waste time on nothing , but all good fun

Ok BlinkOk thanks for Hud , yep will try snail shell as in mario turtle , will do it so only kills enimies that are visible in camera then delete it
i dont mind the big boss thing as long as its fairly simple to do , how to kill him , what does he do etc

ok plugged away a bit again today but will post update when more done

micky4fun

Hi all

Quotehey mick do you think you could make the snail like the turtles in mario? where you stomp on the snail and then push the shell to knock other enemies off
a bit like this BlinkOk , its not quite right yet ran out of time , but depending on how far to one side of shell it will go in that direction , also will knock off others it hits

get a bit of time tomorrow to perfect it and add other stuff , gamekeeper hud etc , if you have an idea for your end of level boss in what happens or how you kill him etc ?

BlinkOk

lookin very good mick. i think the direction control might need a bit of work (sometimes i hit it on the left and it goes to the left rather than the right)  but the basic idea is working great.
just an idea; i thought the dog would sniff about until the fox was on the same platform. then the dog goes all crazy chasing directly after the fox.

i'm running the boss stuff around in my head at the moment. here's is what i have so far. (a very rough mockup)

the bear would wave his arms around, maybe slapping his paw down on the platforms.
snails are dropped from the pipe onto the top platform.
foxy has to stomp on the snails and the shoot them onto the head of the bear.
he's in danger on the top platform from the snails and also from the bear on the lower platforms.
he's also buggered if he falls off a platform
most of the bear stuff would be frame animated animated i think, maybe a little image rotation/movement or something like that.
what do you think?

ps: i made some crumbling platforms too if you want
pps: made it a little easier to implement

micky4fun

Hi all

Ok BlinkOk , yep boss seems fine as long as its not to much maths stuff for me to handle , he could spit out food or something from hes mouth at different angles as well maybe
as there maybe more levels the bear would av to vary a bit ?

here is the shell thing done and the dogs that walk then speed up when you are near and facing dog
is this roughly as we are going to have it ?

will now ad hud , coins , watering can flowers and extend level , maybe fight boss after 2 or 3 normal levels , eg level1 pt1 pt2 pt3 then boss ?

kevin

Mick,

Version 11 is excellent!    Really like the jump on the snails/kick shells mechanic and the searching dogs is nice touch also..   

BlinkOk

Quotehe could spit out food or something from hes mouth at different angles as well maybe
as there maybe more levels the bear would av to vary a bit ?
cool. sounds good

Quoteis this roughly as we are going to have it ?
it's just about right. i would have the dog go into attack mode and stay in attack mode going directly toward the fox until he kills him or until the fox gets off the platform.
this means the player will have to deal with the dog differently than the snail. so each enemy will require a different approach from the player. right now i think it's all
a bit too easy (maybe i've been playing it too long though)

Quotemaybe fight boss after 2 or 3 normal levels , eg level1 pt1 pt2 pt3 then boss
yes

the snail is absolutely spot on! i shot a snail there and it cleaned up 3 or 4 other enemies on 2 or 3 different platforms. very nice work

micky4fun

Hi all

Thanks Kevin , its plodding along , all mainly to BlinkOk's gfx,s and input , wont rush it though just taking my time ,

Ok blinkOk will do dog as you sujjested , sound good to me , yep does seem on the easy side , but you cant get killed yet and maybe just 2 /3/4 hits and you dead might make it a lot harder

boss , could have bear banging his stomach and then something comes out of mouth , or he throughs something at you , ? picks up something ?
ile let you muck about a bit with that

BlinkOk

this is the bear so far. i think it can all be done with frame animations. we my have to flip them for right left sides though.

Animated swipe

the swipe animation is 10 frames. you may have to re-position it every frame.
you'll prolly have 4 or 5 of these. one for each platform level. they can be flipped for either side of the bear.
the head will have a 8-10 frame animation moving sie to ide as well.

is this approach ok?

micky4fun

Hi all

yep BlinkOk that looks fine to me , av it so the fox can jump over hes arm to get out of way , or jump to another platform

BlinkOk

Quotethe fox can jump over hes arm to get out of way , or jump to another platform
yeah the fox could jump over the bears arm (i might make it swipe back and forth too). i added heaps of jumping fish to the bottom platforms so the bear will swipe the top 2 layers of platforms
the rest will be fish. the idea being that the fox cannot stay anywhere for long

ps: i have no idea why that .swf animation is so small