BattleZone Anaglyph Release One is Here!

Started by ScottieB, June 25, 2013, 06:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottieB

Ok, Guys First off lot's of people are trying to help me And there's alot of confusion.
I Am Releaseing BattleZone Anaglyph now so people have a better understanding as to what's going on.

Here's the link:

(login required)

8 Months into developement and truthfully speaking I stuck.
Don't have a model loader.
And Don't know how to texturemap correctly.
I was tryingto get help and some have tried but this is hard as this is not just a game but the premise of a 3d engine.
I wanted to show people what was going on first hand as to clearify.
I just wanted to take it to the next level that's all I was trying to do but it's seeming harder than I suspected.
I still would like people to know it can still be a game and not engine.

Here it is free with source code and all for people to mess with.

Feel free to do with it as you want. Please just let me see what some might be able to do with it
That's all I ask.  And Many thank thanks to BlinkOk for trying to hlp me and also Kevin. Thanks!

Scottie Bro

kevin

Thanks for the posting the project. Only had a brief pick through so far and was happily surprised to see it's a considerably further along than expected.    It's been a  long time since seeing battlezone, but  is the intention is allows the camera to rotate or is that how the original worked ?

ScottieB

Hello - Kevin
I tried to keep to the orginal as much as possiable.
I would really like to finish this program as it is the biggest and cleanest of mine.
Could you please send me the file you created to the loader?
I wish I could texturemap these objects and models.  I liked what you did in the other post.
I'm always moveing on to new projects and I don't think this is good anymore because I only get half done.
Knowing that this is my best I sure could use alittle help if it's ever going to turn into something better or new.
The biggest problem right now is a loader and texturemapper.  Though I dig your hidden surface stuff as My don't have that yet.
I'm fustrated because who would want the lest bug free program to get abandoned?
Please write back soon

Thanks

buggage

Unfortunately the game doesn't work on my Windows 7 64Bit laptop. :(

It looks as though it's trying to open a new Window, but failing and I get several black screens (various shades). Perhaps it's due to my resolution? My machine tops out at 1366x768 (landscape widescreen) - Is the game trying for a larger res?

I was really looking forward to this too.

ScottieB

Your resolution should be fine.  I think you may wanna try putting the battlezone folder right on the desktop so you only open
one battlezone folder and then start the game.  I tried it within other folders and It don't work.  Maybe, That's your problem.

kevin

It won't work without modifying, since some of the paths are absolute rather than relative,

PlayBASIC Code: [Select]
 //so this line,

ReadFile "c:\documents and settings\UserName\desktop\battlezone\3d-models\new_island_02.txt",1

//should be
ReadFile "3d-models\new_island_02.txt",1

Beyond that, there's a few instances were it addresses a 3D array using 2D coordinates, which isn't legal in PB and is  fault in older versions.  

stevmjon

I have windows 7 64bit and got it to work from the location I first saved it to.

load program into playbasic. (don't launch the .exe)
edit the following lines...

line 120:  see reply #5 posted by Kevin.

line 1384:  change  X_2D#  to  X_3D#
line 1385:  change  Y_2D#  to  Y_3D#

line 1876:  change  X2D_Tank#(Vertex,Objects)  to  X2D_Tank#(Vertex,Objects,2)
line 1877:  change  Y2D_Tank#(Vertex,Objects)  to  Y2D_Tank#(Vertex,Objects,2)

line 2097:  change  X_2D#  to  X_3D#
line 2098:  change  Y_2D#  to  Y_3D#

save program.
the game should now run from playbasic fine.

looking good scottieb. you have done well. if you click the "Manage Source Files" button in playbasic ide, you can add multiple pages. this makes navigation through your code easier, instead of all of it on the same page.

stevmjon
It's easy to start a program, but harder to finish it...

I think that means i am getting old and get side tracked too easy.

ScottieB

Sorry to see some are haveing trouble booting the game up.
Kevin - have you read my last post about your assistance progs?  As where talking about this stuff there's some people
like BlinkOk and a friend that are working on modelling issues.  I don't think they have have of them if we got a loader up and running.
They seem to wanna help but I think there working way too hard as in your programs we could load any model with tri's.  I'll try and tell them to
stop for now until we get that subjects worked out.

Thanks
Scottie B

kevin

New Temporary Download

2013-06-26-BattleZone Anaglyph (login required)

Scott_Bro

Kevin,

Sorry to bother you.  Can you please re-send me battlezone?
I've seem to misplaced it or forgot to back it up.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

ScottieBro1

[removed email address] if you need my e-mail.

Happy Computing!!!! As always...

kevin

New Temporary Download

2013-06-26-BattleZone Anaglyph (login required)