Clowns 'n' Balloons final released !!!

Started by micky4fun, April 24, 2009, 02:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin

Quote from: micky4fun on May 27, 2009, 05:42:16 AM
http://www.zshare.net/download/605775835e2c2f8e/

Been trying to download this but it keeps failing,  can you upload a mirror somewhere else ?

micky4fun

Clowns 'n' Balloons Final Release

DownLoads

http://www.underwaredesign.com/files/Micky4Fun/clowning1.1.zip (login required)

Screen Shots

medwayman

Very well presented and cool game. Congrats :)

ATLUS

BlinkOk

gratz micky dude. i had fun helping out.

micky4fun

YEP thanks guys ,

yes turn out rather nice , but all thanks to BlinkOk's gfx that made the game what it is and U9's help as well
so i thank these guys big time

not had a lot of time over the last week or so as work as taken over , this happens time to time i have to spend 16 hours a day for work as it pays the bills and i cant turn it down while its there , but ile be back any day now for the water wave game that Kevin helped get me starting , its taking a shoot em up type game now , it was going to be a undwerwater puzzle type game , but lacked any real game play and thats the most important to me ,

mick ;D

Makeii Runoru

Alas. You seem to be dishing out these games like crazy! So much free time, eh? I bet if you kept at it you could start making some money off of these : P You certainly have the potential.

The game was fun overall. It was not hard to figure out what did what. Two clowns, and each of them see-saw'd each other up to break balloons. Stars give points, and Hearts give a score toward an extra life shown by a meter of a new life clown head... thing.

Was sort of confusing to keep track of everything at once, but I suppose you get used to it over time. Like, I was trying to avoid bombs, but found that they actually help me by launching up in the air and popping balloons. But I was trying to grab a hold of the goodies that flew down while also trying to figure out where my other clown buddy was.

It was a nice addition to have a cannon come out from the side of the screen and launch up the fallen clown buddy when he hits the ground. That was cool : )
This signature is boring, and could be improved. However, the user of this signature doesn't need a fancy signature because he or she doesn't really care for one.

micky4fun

Hi Makeii Runoru,,

thanks for your comments ,

QuoteAlas. You seem to be dishing out these games like crazy! So much free time, eh? I bet if you kept at it you could start making some money off of these : P You certainly have the potential.
well im just trying out some of the commands in PlayBasic , so the quicker and smaller the game the better for me , as i get lost in my programming quite easy as well ,
im trying to do say an old Atari/commodore 64 type program , so pretty basic by todays standards , but something that wont take to long to do.
i would rather do something like this for the time being to pick up the programming commands..
im trying to do simple fun easy to get into quick play games . with the last 2 games i have been very lucky to get help with the graphics by BlinkOk and on the programming side by U9 on clowns and balloons
while the games were not to bad done by me , adding the graphics really made them stand out from the original..
as for making money , well im not that fussed to be honest as the pleasure of doing them is worth more than the money to me .
QuoteWas sort of confusing to keep track of everything at once, but I suppose you get used to it over time. Like, I was trying to avoid bombs, but found that they actually help me by launching up in the air and popping balloons. But I was trying to grab a hold of the goodies that flew down while also trying to figure out where my other clown buddy was.
lol , yes that was the idea to make it a bit more confusing ,as a simple catch the clown would have been pretty easy , so i tried to make it so you had a choice of playing a safe game and not earning many points by just catching the clown or playing a more risky game trying to get the items and scoring more points.
QuoteIt was a nice addition to have a cannon come out from the side of the screen and launch up the fallen clown buddy when he hits the ground. That was cool : )
well i take no credit for this , it was BlinkOk's idea to keep the game flowing , which was a great idea , as the more the game flows the better otherwise it can become a bit boring..

i must say that ive been programming 9 months now , and if anyone said i would be how to do simple game i have already done , when i first started , i would have thought they were mad , im well pleased with the outcomes and how easy it turned out to learn how to do them , even with my level of programming , im probally only using 20% of playbasic's power but that will do me..

thanks mick ;D

BlinkOk

http://www.8bitrocket.com/2012/05/16/atari-announces-intriguing-circus-atari-app-for-ios/

micky4fun

Hi all

Just a little update , this game is now on Google play (updated version)

and free lite version here

MOD EDIT: Sorry mick, but you can't post these here!