News:

PlayBASIC2DLL V0.99 Revision I Commercial Edition released! - Convert PlayBASIC programs to super fast Machine Code. 

Main Menu

Get 3D on Playbasic

Started by Capablanca, December 07, 2022, 07:55:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capablanca

Please tell me how to buy 3D on Playbasic.
Please indicate an internet link and some explanations.
For example, the cost and the way to obtain the software for 3D.

kevin

For 3D,  you have to code it yourself...    the legacy PBFX edition have some built in support for 3D but they were discontinued years and years ago.  

There's a bunch of options that will allow to create low poly environments in software (cpu rendering)..  

Both come with source code..  

- Building a basic 3D Engine

- PS3D - Simple 3D For PlayBasic V1.64

- PS3D (Play 3D) software 3d rendering libraries ( 2010 03 10)

There's a bunch of other examples.. but unlikely what your after.  

Capablanca

I saw a demo for 3D and I thought it was software you could buy. Too bad, as I'm not strong enough in the field, I would spend my way on 3D.

Thanks for the explanations, and the rest.

kevin

There's various examples around and they're all FREE.

It's worth noting that 3D is not the intended use case for the classic edition of PlayBASIC.     

Capablanca

It's a shame that 3D is not included in PlayBasic. I was even ready to buy the 3D version if necessary.
But why not make a compilation of all the reliable 3D commands that exist as examples and thus provide a solid foundation in 3D that is constructive, efficient and works correctly?

kevin

QuoteBut why not make a compilation of all the reliable 3D commands that exist as examples and thus provide a solid foundation in 3D that is constructive, efficient and works correctly?

Yes; that's solid idea.     Steve wrote a perspectively correct / texture mapped rendering routine some years back.   Provided it had a per pixel z buffer;  you could indeed build a software based reference rendering engine today!     Which could then be 'updated' into hardware render later on.  

All you really need is some data structures to hold the geometry and some control functions for the user to manipulate that data in the form of 3D objects.  So a set of high level wrapper functions; over the lower level data.  

But as you say putting it all into a library (or a set of libraries) is what needs doing..      

Capablanca

Thank you for these explanations.
For my part, I'm not good enough to do a few things in 3D other than exploit the existing commands.
Maybe someone can help us in 3D?