News:

Building a 3D Ray Tracer  By stevmjon

Main Menu

Bug in 0.69?

Started by bruarm, January 31, 2005, 03:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bruarm

I just finished a dtab file and when I clicked Save there was an Overflow error, the application closed and I lost what I had done.  As a matter of fact the file disappeared!!  I had to take my last backup file and use it and start my last edits over again.

Unfortunately, everything disappeared so fast I couldn't read the exact message on the message box (sorry).

I think it may have had something to do with the length (number of bars) of the song.

bruarm

kevin

bruarm

QuoteHow long was it ?

Sorry, I don't remember.  When I fix it up in the next couple of days, I'll do a save every 4 bars or so until it pukes again and let you know.

bruarm

kevin

Cool, the song buffer in v0.69 and bellow is limited to 255 bars.. So it'd have to be longer than that to make it die.

It's could an issue with section copy section routines.  Which can stuff up the time sigs in certain situations.

bruarm

QuoteCool, the song buffer in v0.69 and bellow is limited to 255 bars.. So it'd have to be longer than that to make it die.

It's could an issue with section copy section routines.  Which can stuff up the time sigs in certain situations.

You can save 134 bars of 12/8 time.  When you add the 135th bar, it pukes (overflow '6' message).

kevin

can you send us the file ?

bruarm

Quotecan you send us the file ?

Here you go.  I've also attached a screenshot of the message box.

kevin

Thanks, i'll have a look see

kevin

Bruam,

Sorry about the delays, but I've posted a patch that should fix your problem.

Edit:  Get Latest DTAB from home page

bruarm

Delays?  I'd like to see Microsoft fix one of their problems this efficiently  ;)

Thanks for listeneing.

bruarm