Main Menu

AmazinG?!

Started by spike1st, March 21, 2005, 09:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spike1st

I don't know but beta already has 10k downloads...didn't the old .69 or whatever only have like 3k. The community seems growing? We should post this on mxtabs.net forums and every music play so the tabs are easier to read and see and have a rule instead of "guidelines" I think kevin your doing an amazing job and i hope the community just gets crazy!

~sean!
DTAB  for Life, Drumz for Life...w00t w00t

kevin

QuoteI don't know but beta already has 10k downloads...didn't the old .69 or whatever only have like 3k.

Nah, The public site counter wasn't reset from the v0.98 update (which has change to v0.98b btw).  The site counter only tallys when a user click on the file here at UW.  Hot links aren't actually counted and that's were the most download come from. (promotions on other download sites.)

QuoteThe community seems growing? We should post this on mxtabs.net forums and every music play so the tabs are easier to read and see and have a rule instead of "guidelines" .

Well, we could do that.  But, it'd no doubt be considered as spam and deleted.  A better approach is to just put the Dtab link in your tag line or something.   That can be a very effective way of keep the name out there (as long as the poster isn't a spammer/idiot or something.. that can turn people off..if ya know what i mean ). Also, just keep creating tabs with DTAB and post them on as many tabs sites as possible.

QuoteI think kevin your doing an amazing job and i hope the community just gets crazy!

Thanks man !   I must admit,  I'm certainly a lot happier with this version than any previous version to date.   While I hope the community grows, I'm not too fussed about that really.   UW wasn't really intended to be huge tab archive or something.   But it would  be nice if more DTAB users signed up and posted their creations from time to time.    As It's a lot easier for me to distribute ideas/information through the forums than via emails.  Which has actually calmed down now with the release.  What a surprise :)

spike1st

I like posting your site in my Signature so i'll do that from now on. But sounds like everything's going good. I love using Dtab for my band songs cause it gives me a sense of discipline that i have to follow or rules. What i write is what i want to play, simple and creative is what im looking for and Dtab really helps me for sure, and i know it can for others too. Do you think that i could make a beat and then convert it to .Midi THEN! put it on my phone or someones as a ring. or convert it to .Midi and find another music .Midi program with notes and make ur own song and have drums in it...idk. I love DreamTheater and i wanna make a song i like that one day i could put on my phone :) lol anyways w00t w00t

~Sean

kevin

Yep,  once the track is exported to midi, it should be possible to download and play it on a phone.  I've no idea how this done, but i know some smart phones can download from a URL.  So i assume you'd just post the file some place and set your phone to download the file.  

Also, once a track has been exported to a midi file,  you can indeed load the midi file in any package that supports it.   So you might take the drum part and import it into a sequencer, then lay other parts on top of it, or perhaps use it in full  drum score/notation package.   It opens up a lot of options.

spike1st

Very Rad, gotta get some time and try it out for sure!

Thanks!