News:

PlayBASIC2DLL V0.99 Revision I Commercial Edition released! - Convert PlayBASIC programs to super fast Machine Code. 

Main Menu

Congrats on DTAB v0.98

Started by kaat, March 25, 2005, 12:12:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaat

Congratulations and thank you for the latest DTAB! As soon as I learned it exports MIDI, I knew I had to have it (FYI - I heard about it thanks to Hitsquad's newsletter). Now, I'm not a drummer (don't kill me). I'm a guitarist in need of help creating drum tracks, so being able to lift techniques from tab and translate to MIDI is perfect for me.

Anyone know of any repositories of easily downloadable drum tabs (DTAB or text)?
Thanks,
Martin

kevin

Kaat,

Cheers, it's getting better.    I didn't know another about the Hit squad news letter,  Has the DTAB dizzy on there been updated ?. Every time i've requested it be updated, it never seemed to happen.  Oh well

Although, I must admit,  Much to my surprise, is that your certanily not the only none drummer using DTAB for such a reason.  As such, I've got a few ideas to help out even more in this area, but I won't disclose them yet,  I might be lynched...  again.. :)

For Tabs, there's a list of sites on the DTAB home page.  www.Dtab.UnderwareDesign.com   Most are Tab related.  

While the importer can't import every type of tab under the sun, it does support the most 'common' conventions.   Keep in mind were still working on that ATM.   I hope to get another update out Sunday/Monday.  Plus get the Importing FAQ done.

The FAQ describes what conventions are supported, and thus details how a tab should be formatted to ensure high quality imports every time.