Main Menu

converting to WAV. file

Started by rick, September 18, 2005, 05:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rick

Is there anyway to download a dtab to a cd. my problem is that my drums are in a room that has no computer ( + not loud enough )but does have a stereo.

kevin

Not natively, although from memory windows sound recorder thing _might _ be able to capture the midi sound output as wav for you.  (never played with it myself)

otherwise,

Export TAB to MIDI in dtab.

Find a program that will translate MIDI to WAV.

rick

Windows sound recorder didnt work.
Tried to export a tab to midi and play it with windows media player, but there's no sound. maybe i did it wrong. This is what i did.

1.First i had a tab on screen in dtab
2. hit file
3. export medi
4. put in comment & hit create medi file
5. save in (whatever)

kevin

QuoteTried to export a tab to medi and play it with windows media player, but there's no sound. maybe i did it wrong. This is what i did.

Sounds like windows sound mixer drama.  The playback volume of midi might be set to zero or even off.

also, can you post the MIDI file (so i can have a listen)

kevin

There's millions of these apps on line as it would turn out, most seem to be shareware though.  But there's a couple of try out at least
http://www.indezine.com/products/sound/mid2wav.html

rick

Kevin

Still having problems. Tried to post the file for you to look at and got this message.

(Upload failed. You are not permitted to upload a file with that file extension)

kevin

rick

That makes sense, sorry about that.

Seeing that i had to zip the file to get it to fit , thats telling me that something is there but cant be heard.  I guess

kevin

dude that's not the file it's appears to be the shortcut to the file.

rick

Finally figured it all out.  Got midi2wav recorded and coped to cd.
This is what i have been looking for, that is, being able to hear just the drums to a song.   Thanks for the help Kevin

kevin

What did you end up using ?  As Others might like to use your solution  too.

rick

Its not what i was using, but  what i was doing wrong. The Mid2wav recorder helped me out, it has a select device & test  recording section that helped. Not so sure many other people will have the same problem.  Looking at some of the  other post on this site it seems most are computer savvy.