Main Menu

Printer settings

Started by jmlowes, September 29, 2005, 10:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmlowes

Hello all,

I have recently started using DTab and love it.  My only problem so far is with printing tabs.  Is there a way to format the printed tab so that it will not split a bar between pages?  I personally think this is something DTab should take care of automatically.  Perhaps I am a minority, but it would be nice if this was at least an option.  
 If anyone knows of a trick to solve this I would love to hear it.  

Thanks

kevin

erm, it does do this.  What type of printer do you have ?

jmlowes

I have an HP multfunction.  I also made sure that the tab has adequate spacing so it could determine where to split.  Still no luck.  This has happened on many of the tabs I have printed.  I originally assumed it was something the program didn't account for.  Hmm,  I will play with it some more.  

Thanks

kevin

Dtab gets the printer surface area directly from the printer itself. I don't know how reliable this is, but it's the accepted method of finding the print area.  Actually the only method that I know of.

If the surface area of the page height is being returned higher than the actual paper.  Then it'll always overflow.  Your best bet is to try and pull the printers surface margins in through it's windows preferences.  Like  perhaps their not set to current page type etc etc.