Entering Licence Key

Started by Squiffy, January 02, 2006, 07:04:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squiffy

Hi Kevin,
I'm being a bit thick, I'm sure, but having just downloaded the latest version 1.089z, I cannot see how to enter my registration key from 1.088.

Can you point me in the right direction please?

Ta muchly.

kevin

install V1089

Open the ide..

press f5 to compile something (anything, doesn't matter)

Enter details. 

However, if you had V1.088 previously installed + enabled, and installed PB1.089 over the top of the PB1.088 install, then you shouldn't need too enter it.

Squiffy

Quoteinstall V1089

Open the ide..

press f5 to compile something (anything, doesn't matter)

Enter details. 

However, if you have V1.088 already installed + enabled, and you installed PB1.089 over the top of PB1.088 install, then you should need too enter it.

Hiya,
ok, I already had 1.088 registered, I installed over the top of it. When I press F5 it doesn;t ask me to enter anything. But, I also can't compile to exe as it says I'm on a demo version. Are there 2 different downloads?

This doesn't bode well for me - I was going to enter the compo. What chance do I have if I can't even work this out....we're all doooomed!  :blink:

kevin

QuoteAre there 2 different downloads?

Yes,  Demo + Retail ..  Did you download PB1.089 from the home page ?  If so, that's the public demo.

Did you order from us ?

If so, Use your registration download  information (DONT POST IT HERE) (which is right bellow your serial info in your order email) to download the V1.089C installer.

if you ordered from TGC,

Then you need to go download it from TGC, log into their site, got to ORDER HISTORY.   They also list the lastest version their.

Squiffy

QuoteYes,  Demo + Retail ..  Did you download PB1.089 from the home page ?  If so, that's the public demo.

Did you order from us ?

If so, Use your registration download  information (DONT POST IT HERE) (which is right bellow your serial info in your order email) to download the V1.089C installer.

if you ordered from TGC,

Then you need to go download it from TGC, log into their site, got to ORDER HISTORY.   They also list the lastest version their.

....and suddenly, a shining beacon of hope in a land of confusion and despair guides my tortured soul to a Utopian...er...oh hang on....it appears to have downgraded me to 1.089m when I was on 1.089z. Do I need the "z" version for all the bugfixes?
(I bought & downloaded from TGC btw)

kevin

TGC have been issued with PB1.089B & PB1.089c retail installers (which were only released a week apart), however when they actually make C available in anybodies guess atm.  Normally it's the next day or so.  But with new years eve, I guess that's slipped a bit.   I'll remind them now, again :)

In the mean time, PB1.089m is still considerable newer then PB1.088, despite what the version number suggests.   You could simply use the current demo to get started (until they post it) , which is virtually the same the retail version anyway.