News:

PlayBASIC2DLL V0.99 Revision I Commercial Edition released! - Convert PlayBASIC programs to super fast Machine Code. 

Main Menu

Challenge #2 - Character Interaction with Moving Platforms

Started by kevin, December 01, 2006, 07:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin

Challenge #2 - Character Interaction with Moving Platforms

This month our challenge is a classic object interaction problem, found in virtually every platform game ever made.   In this challenge  we want you to demonstrate a method that allows the player to control a character, where the  character is able to move and  jump on/off moving platforms.  Visuals are not important, you could use lovely animation characters or you could represent your characters as coloured boxes if you like.   It's the method were after,  Good luck !

Platformer Links ?

Wiki Platform Games

Submission

* Submissions can be written in any version of PlayBasic

* Submission can only be accepted in Source Code form only.

* Authors can use external Media (images/music) provided you created the media,  have permission to use somebody else's media or the media is public domain.

* Zip up your Submissions and please try to keep it smaller than 500K !

* Authors automatically give consent for their submission(s) to distributed and used for promotional purposes via UnderwareDesign.com, PlayBasic code tank.

* Authors can submit as many times as they like.

* To make a submission, zip up your projects source code + media and either post it in this thread, or create your own a thread the Source Codes or Show Case forums and post a link bellow.

Dead Line

No dead line, no time limits..  Lets just see how creative you are :)

kevin

Ian Price

No, just haven't had time. Concentrating on Wii Zelda and PB Sorcery. Anything else has to wait ;)
I came. I saw. I played some Nintendo.