PlayBasic V1.64 Learning Edition Update

Started by kevin, March 26, 2010, 02:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin

Learning Edition Update Of AXIS DEMO

Given the release is only a couple of days away,  my attention has turned to rounding out what's there rather than adding anything new at this late stage.   While i've been over the example pack already,  most of the game examples are a really outdated.   So I've been quickly picking over some of the  games code tweaking them up.

The current focus is the AXIS demo.  This is one of the oldest PB examples and dates back some 4 years ago.      While it's certainly not much of a game, all i've been doing is a quick tweak up the sprite modes to help clean up some of the visuals.   Can't do much about the graphics as  sadly it's one of those examples built from a collection of random bits of media.    Anyway, the changes thus far are the addition  of the sprite tinting and some sprite (bi linear) filtering.   Which just helps it look a little more dynamic and smoother in places.        

kevin

Testing PlayBASIC V1.64L Learning Edition Installer

At the time of writing, it's the morning of the 24th of April, which is release day !  - Yay! -  Anyway, so last night I downed tools and started work on the the loooonnnnggggg and tedious process of the building the new installer.     Ran into a few small issues, like the doc's builder was losing track of the some files when exporting the help.   Ended up spending some quality time improving the builder again.   Which appears to have solved the problem.

All in All the new installer, version  seem to be working OK.  It just needs a good picking over later in the day (after some sleep),  can't foresee any major issues.  So i'll certainly be appearing on the site sometime today.   Which will mean this version is virtually 2 years newer than the current release.  Which was built on the 20th, April,2008..  oh how time flies 

kevin

PlayBASIC V1.64 Learning Edition Released ( April 24, 2010 )

Well, without much fanfare the new LE edition is available from the download page.   There's a few things that I'm still not too happy about, but all in all it's certainly a progression from the old V1.63 based edition.   Which was released about this time two years ago.  An awful lot has changed since then..

What's New In V1.64 Learning Edition ?

Rather than type out a huge list of new features,  why not take a bit of journey around the boards and see for yourself..

PlayBASIC V1.64k  WIP  Gallery  

PlayBASIC V1.63 -> PlayBASIC V1.64 Gallery  

Download

Download PlayBASIC V1.64L Learning Edition