News:

PlayBASIC2DLL V0.99 Revision I Commercial Edition released! - Convert PlayBASIC programs to super fast Machine Code. 

Main Menu

Image editor

Started by Tracy, March 27, 2006, 01:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

Hi all.

I was just curious as to what people in the forum would use/reccomend as far as image editing software is concerned.

Basically, Micrsoft Paint just isn't 'doing it for me' at this point and I'm after something more powerful.

I'd like some decently good software at a reasonable price, preferrably legal. Photoshop is the Gold Standard, but unless I'm willing to fork out several hundered dollars or deal with pirateers on Ebay it seems out of my reach. Thanks in advance.

-Tracy

medwayman

Have a look at this thread, it should have what you need :)

Tools % Resources Links

Edit:
If you are looking to spend money then I guess paint shop pro is a good bet. Never used it myself but people seem to rate it.

Tracy

QuoteHave a look at this thread, it should have what you need :)

Edit:
If you are looking to spend money then I guess paint shop pro is a good bet. Never used it myself but people seem to rate it.

Oooohhh. Thanks. I've to start using the search feature in the forums so I don't keep asking redundant questions. :)

P.S. I enjoyed your asteroids remake.

medwayman

That's ok :)  it's not in the most obvious place

QuoteP.S. I enjoyed your asteroids remake.
Thanks. Glad you liked it :)

Alex777

I have used Photoshop 7, Corel Draw (various editions), Adobe Illustrator and Paint Shop Pro ver. 7, 8, & 9, but the gfx editor I keep coming back to is PSP ver. 7.  It's a great combo of simplicity and power.  You can get it on eBay for about $10 US.

Tracy

QuoteI have used Photoshop 7, Corel Draw (various editions), Adobe Illustrator and Paint Shop Pro ver. 7, 8, & 9, but the gfx editor I keep coming back to is PSP ver. 7.  It's a great combo of simplicity and power.  You can get it on eBay for about $10 US.

Hmm. Good to know. I've downloaded one of the free ones (GraphicsGale) for now and it's head and shoulders above Paint so I'm happy. I'll look at PSP v.7 if I find I need something more. (Currently, though, I'm hoping to recruit an artist who's a friend of mine to help out, so I hope I don't need to.)

eatfishy

There are couple of freeware out there for graphic, which are powerful.

Glimpse and .net paint

I do not have the link on me currently, but you'll find it doing a search on www.google.com

kevin

--> Download GetPaint dot net   (FREE DIGITAL PHOTO / PICTURE EDITOR)