News:

Building a 3D Ray Tracer  By stevmjon

Main Menu

air-born

Started by micky4fun, December 14, 2008, 05:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reno

It runs here, but yes, the image is too big ! Needs to be tiled ;)

Should be good to shoot with SPACE ; it's a pain with the mouse !

And the collision impact of our plane is too big.
More games ? Go to my website :)
http://www.thereeteam.com/

kevin

Strangely enough, it seems to be working for me also now. 

micky4fun

hi All

SORRY , posted last night was half asleep i think
i have touched it up a bit , can use space now , this also allows for rapid short fire as well ,
main image now 25% less in size ,
yes i sould have tiled it , but it was just a quick try out really
also made radius of players sprite smaller

i deleted file from last post and posted update here ,,
thanks for all comments , as you can see im not as good as you lads , but one day , lol , maybe?

thanks all , MERRY XMAS

MICK :)

kevin

Liked the updated version and thanks for posting the source code.

Quotei have touched it up a bit , can use space now , this also allows for rapid short fire as well ,
main image now 25% less in size
yes i sould have tiled it , but it was just a quick try out really

I don't think tiling would help you much with type of backdrop.    Titling really needs the backdrop to be build up off  identical chunks to work effectively.

Streaming the data probably the best option.  Although a bit more complicated to understand.  See Example     

Quotealso made radius of players sprite smaller

Have you looked into using shapes ?   It's often the best of both worlds.

Quotei deleted file from last post and posted update here
thanks for all comments , as you can see im not as good as you lads , but one day , lol , maybe?

I dunno,  you've already got a 4 game track record.  That's more than  most here.  In fact i can't think of too many in that club.    The only thing limiting you (as far as i can see) are getting your mind  around some more programming concepts.  In particular you're managing media/games objects.   This stuff can often require a bit more code to setup, but it makes life so much easier.

One such concept would be moving to the dynamic creation of the resources.  The idea of dynamic management is that you let PB manage the media indexs/resources for you.  When you need one, you ask it for a one, when it's usefulness is complete, you delete it.  This way you never have to concern yourself with pre-arranging what media ideas images/sprites will use. 

micky4fun

Hi Kevin

Thanks for comments ,
I will look into the shape collisions , as this was a try out rather than a real proper game i just did the easy thing , at the moment im just trying out some commands that i seem to understand , theres lots and lots of commands that i aint got my head around yet , but as i go i hope to pick up on a few.

well yes im over the moon with my 4 efforts as i really new to all this , im iching to get going on something new again as i have lots of stuff to try out , but at the moment ive done my back in over the last 11 days , hoping it gets back to normal soon , as i cant wait to get finger tapping again.

Quoteprogramming concepts.  In particular you're managing media/games objects
if its possible to give a short demo or point to an example so i know what you mean as not to sure on what that exactly is ,

Thanks again and a happy new year to you

mick :)

kevin

Mick,

I will look into the shape collisions , as this was a try out rather than a real proper game i just did the easy thing , at the moment im just trying out some commands that i seem to understand , theres lots and lots of commands that i aint got my head around yet , but as i go i hope to pick up on a few.

Yeah that's right, so if you pick up a one or two new thing every project, you'll soon find yourself reusing common bits of code, project to project.    Getting used to Functions/PSubs will help you write new code faster.     

well yes im over the moon with my 4 efforts as i really new to all this , im iching to get going on something new again as i have lots of stuff to try out , but at the moment ive done my back in over the last 11 days , hoping it gets back to normal soon , as i cant wait to get finger tapping again.

ouch, so  it's nerve problem ? - A few years ago I had pinched a cyatic nerve in lower back,  ended up with pins and needles down the left side of my body for 3 or 4 months.  Initiially, it was so bad  I couldn't walk. 

programming concepts.  In particular you're managing media/games objects
if its possible to give a short demo or point to an example so i know what you mean as not to sure on what that exactly is ,

This kind of stuff. 
  Type List Examples

So rather than pre-creating all of the sprites before we start the game loop for example, we could just dynamically create them as they're needed, then throw them away once they're dead.

micky4fun

Hi Kevin

did my back at work i think , pulling down roulette machine front panels , think i may have pulled a muscle , but its taking its time to heal thats for sure , hope it aint going to be as long as your cyatic nerve problem was ,  4 months is a long time .

Thanks for the link , i know what you are talking about now and will try to get my programming in this direction.

Thanks agian , as soon as my back gets better ile be raring to go

Mick :)